Golf Monthly Podcast

TomC

GM Staff
Visit site
For those of you that haven't seen we have relaunched the Golf Monthly Podcast - If you search for Golf Monthly Clubhouse in your usual podcast provider you should be able to find it (if you can't let me know) then simply subscribe to make sure you never miss an episode.

More details can also be found in this web post - https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/features/golf-monthly-podcast

if there is anything you would like us to cover in the podcast then reply to this thread and we will try to get as many things talked about as possible over the weeks.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure you’d cover it because of advertising revenue but I’d like the whole cost of equipment currently to be questioned.
The manufacturers seem to be taking the consumer (& retailer) for a mug IMO.
2 years ago it was a product release every 6 months, now it’s every 12 but the costs have doubled. With no improvement in R&d & tech. It’s a flawed proposition IMO as no one in their right mind will cough up £500 on a new driver etc. They are alienating the consumer & driving the retailer to the brink of bankruptcy IMO....discuss 🤣🤣🤣🤣

TomC

GM Staff
Visit site
Not sure you’d cover it because of advertising revenue but I’d like the whole cost of equipment currently to be questioned.
2 years ago it was a product release every 6 months, now it’s every 12 but the costs have doubled. With no improvement in R&d & tech. It’s a flawed proposition IMO as no one in their right mind will cough up £500 on a new driver etc. They are alienating the consumer & driving the retailer to the brink of bankruptcy IMO....discuss 🤣🤣🤣🤣

We are in Orlando in a couple of weeks for the PGA Merchandise show, and will definitely get some comment on the cost of equipment. There is a line of thinking on the cost of equipment, whether people agree with it or not is another question.

Thanks for feedback

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

Hey, how dare you say that, Callaway's drivers are now designed by a 'supercomputer' and TM have to stick some foam in theirs as they are just too damn hot if they don't!!!

I used to listen to these podcasts and they were quite enjoyable. There is some strong competition from the NLU guys nowadays but I'll definitely give them a go. I enjoy these podcasts when they don't go too corporate, don't take themselves overly seriously and are fun. And people have an opinion/take on things.

scomputer.jpg

TomC

GM Staff
Visit site
Just so you guys are aware, the podcast is now available on Spotify - last week's episode had an exclusive interview with Brooks Koepka about slow play that has had a lot of coverage so check it out. Just search for 'Golf Monthly Clubhouse' in your usual podcast provider.