New PB but no comp spot available!

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Strange thing happened today.

My playing partner and I rolled up to find we didn't get a spot in the comp as we were the last pair to enter and there was an odd number.

Had a couple of options - Captain and a past captain both offered their spots but we felt it was unfair to take their places as they already had playing partners, we could have waited to see if anyone rolled up who wanted to enter or go for a casual round. We chose the latter as my mate wanted to watch the footie later today.

39 out (24 points), 42 back (21 points) for a new shiny PB of 81. Nine under handicap.!!!! :D :D Left a couple out there as well with 2 three putts where I had lip outs with the 2nd each time.

Parner also had his best round for quite a while with a 37 pointer - combined best we would have been about 49 points. Eager to see what took the win today but I doubt it will be over that.

I know there was no pressure and in the comp things could have been very different due to the added pressure of getting a score but it still felt good.

Spoke to the Pro after and told him the good news and handed over my card so fingers crossed for a cut. We played off the yellows not whites but we will see what happens. :p

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Well done, however, why couldn't you play in the comp and Mark each others card? I regularly play in comps with only 2 each tee time.

Don't expect a cut, it was yellows and not a comp :(

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Update:

Last night I discovered that there is a V-Easy in the house. I asked for one for my birthday and it clearly arrived last week - although I am not supposed to know as it was hidden in the airing cupboard.

Not used it or even touched it yet but it must be rubbing off already. That is some serious golfing mojo Bob :D :D