• Start date
D

Deleted member 1147

News of a comp' coming pre-Ryder Cup, to give experience to the RC potentials

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
GB&I vs Europe I believe.....
Could be interesting but why, when it's Euro/GB&I, have it in the Middle East :unsure:

Was exactly my thoughts, guess it would be down to sponsors location or to make it seem more glamorous. Holding it at a euro/Brit venue may lose its appeal. May also find the course and climate is similar to the RC venue so it would see how they cope in the heat and humidity.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I quite like the idea of a (televised) ryder cup boot camp where hopefuls are put through the grynder for a few days on and off the course... but if they just need 'experience' of playing matchplay then either the ryder cup or the ET is flawed

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Most guys will be in the middle east in January for the tour events anyway and the weather is a close to guaranteed as possible.

D

Deleted member 15344

Looks they can’t win

To bring in these events they need sponsership, Hero are providing it and it should be a good event

It was also worth remembering it was at one point called the Vivendi Cup

But the reaction right now is standard for the toxic nature of the professional game

It’s a shame it’s in the Middle East but when they are hosting it there isn’t many other places they can go

evemccc

Visit site
Disagree strongly with the sentiment that it should be in the ME as that provides the best sponsorship opportunities

I presume that the football fans on this forum would have been strongly against the ‘39th Game’ - an official Prem League fixture being played in the ME / Far East…

The principle is the same — but we can all accept that there were huge financial incentives for Prem League matches to take place in Dubai, Singapore, the US, and..dare I say it, Saudi Arabia

D

Deleted member 15344

Disagree strongly with the sentiment that it should be in the ME as that provides the best sponsorship opportunities

I presume that the football fans on this forum would have been strongly against the ‘39th Game’ - an official Prem League fixture being played in the ME / Far East…

The principle is the same

It’s not in the ME because of the sponsership - it’s there because it’s being hosted in Jan during a gap on the calendar

evemccc

Visit site
It’s not in the ME because of the sponsership - it’s there because it’s being hosted in Jan during a gap on the calendar

Plenty of other ‘European’ DP World tour events take place in the ME

Can you not see the same principle at work with the 39th game? How did you feel about that?