new clubs for 2021

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I like that they've dropped the turbulators from the fairways and hybrids.
I can handle them on the driver but they looked wrong on the 410 fairways and hybrids.

Its also the colours, just simple, clean, effective. They'll look good in the bag for years!

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Pilot error....:ROFLMAO:

I have a Cobra Baffler DWS fitted with an Aldila shaft, from new. I absolutely love it, so easy to hit and have no issues with flights left or right.
I’m always surprised when I read posts where people seem to struggle with Rescues.
My advice, get one of these you won’t be disappointed and in view of the age it’ll be cheap as chips.

i*windows

Visit site
was going to buy a new set of irons (to me), but because of B. this will not be possible, the tax and import duties to Germany are now a joke :-(

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I might get some grief for this, but I notice the new Pings have a 9 wood option. I hit my current Ping 7 wood really well, but my my next club down (5 hybrid) is a bit more erratic. The 9 wood could be a nice 180 yard club for me.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
I might get some grief for this, but I notice the new Pings have a 9 wood option. I hit my current Ping 7 wood really well, but my my next club down (5 hybrid) is a bit more erratic. The 9 wood could be a nice 180 yard club for me.

You do what makes you score the least! Screw what anyone else thinks!

Problem with going too high loft on woods, what happens when you are 170 away in the rough or a divot?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking forward to restart

Put a new shaft in the driver MIYAZAKI KAULA KORI all ready to go (might put the old one back in for the first couple of rounds though)

and bought a 'new to me' set of Ping I 25 irons.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm pretty set to be honest, very happy with everything, the only thing I would maybe consider would be my wedges, I have the RTX 3's in 48, 52, 56 & 60, absolutely love them but they have a few years on them and would only consider changing for the RTX 4's, if I got a really good deal on them as 4 wedges won't be cheap

Clubhouse golf still have some RTX3s and their RTX4 price is very good

https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Cleveland-RTX-3-Black-Satin-Golf-Wedge.html#SID=485

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only because the 7 iron head flew off and was replaced with a KBS Tour 90. The rest are Cleveland made Traction 85, which due to age may have also rusted.

odd shaft to replace it with

The traction 85 is a Nippon NS Pro 850 to the best of my memory (definitely a Nippon NS series)
What flex due you play.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
odd shaft to replace it with

The traction 85 is a Nippon NS Pro 850 to the best of my memory (definitely a Nippon NS series)
What flex due you play.

I was fitted for stiff irons.

I thought the traction 85 was a Cleveland made shaft. A club fitter at my place fitted the shaft, saying he couldn’t get the original shaft !

Maybe your knowledge is better than his. I thought the flight would be the same ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ping g425 is now on YouTube. Not really sure about it. Looks forgiving but some negative comments about head speed. I suppose I will wait to see what else comes out and then decide if it’s worth looking or sitting tight.

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Ping g425 is now on YouTube. Not really sure about it. Looks forgiving but some negative comments about head speed. I suppose I will wait to see what else comes out and then decide if it’s worth looking or sitting tight.

I do quite like the look of the irons, will certainly test them up against the hoped for Mizuno 921's when I can eventually get a fitting sorted. I had Ping G15's a few years back, was actually playing my best golf ever with them. kind of regret changing them these days.