New Car Options

user2009

Head Pro
Visit site
Can we carry this on for me please?

I'm looking for something small but not as small as the citroen C1 it's replacing, maybe punto or fiesta size. £10k maximum, new or nearly new. It must be economical and cheap to tax/insure I'm looking to just pay a minimal deposit, maybe £500. One of those deals where you just hand the keys back after a fixed term may suit. I'm looking at no more than £200 a month ideally.

I saw a nice pre registered Citroen C3 HDI VTR 1.4 today for £9900 saving £4k, something like that maybe.

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Skoda Octavia....?

I'll second that, you can get really good deals on them I average around 62 mpg in mine (2.0TDi L&K Estate) Very good good sized boot, comfy, quiet and after all its just an A4 apart from the body work.

Mrs has a Cee'd, the SW version had a good sized boot, slightly firmer ride than the Skodas, Also look at Hyundia

I shuold have read through all the posts, good buy, and good mpg. How did you find the ride, soft or firm?

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
C3's a cracking car.
I've got that model and it does me fine.
Not too much room in the back for passengers but that's the only real issue.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site

I'm looking for something small but not as small as the citroen C1 it's replacing, maybe punto or fiesta size. £10k maximum, new or nearly new. It must be economical and cheap to tax/insure I'm looking to just pay a minimal deposit, maybe £500. One of those deals where you just hand the keys back after a fixed term may suit. I'm looking at no more than £200 a month ideally.

I saw a nice pre registered Citroen C3 HDI VTR 1.4 today for £9900 saving £4k, something like that maybe.

Back to the Kia we go lol.

I got a diesel Kia Rio 1.1Air. Bigger inside than the fiesta I was looking at and a few K cheaper. Zero tax. It's also surprisingly nippy for such a small engine.

I'm currently averaging 64mpg without having removed my golf stuff from the boot. If doing motorway driving and keeping the speed sensible you should be able to easily average over 70mpg. I've never seen it below 57mpg. My driving is mainly A,B and C roads. Rarely motorway.

With a bit of careful packing it can fit 2 carry bags, 2 trolley bags, my Gokart, a pull trolley and 4 men. The 60/40 split back seat has the smaller side on the drivers. A big plus in my view because the drivers seat isn't one to be adjusted with ease for the rear passenger.

You should be able to get nearly new for what you are looking. I currently pay about £200 a month having paid £2000 down but it was brand new. Option to trade in or buy it outright in 3 years for £4400. I plan to buy it outright because my final value price was based on 10k a year. I've had it since March and just passed 6.5K .

Last edited:

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site

The Honda Jazz will tick all the boxes you need plus more. Has the boot space that rivals a big Estate car (seats FLAT down). Top 5 on the reliability test year in year out. And very surprisingly, has a very competent chassis when pushed. And get a manual box which is an absolute dream to use.

D

Deleted member 17920

Do you pay VAT on top of your payment???
Yes you do normally but with a personal lease its included in the rental. This really should be the future of buying a car.

D

Deleted member 17920

Yes, I'm on a lease with the C1 which is just finishing. I only do 8K miles a year anyway.
Have a look at CLVR website, prices start from £80 + VAT a month, C1 is £85+ VAT a month. If you was to buy a new one ten the depreciation alone is way more than that.

user2009

Head Pro
Visit site
Cheers for the replies and help haven't been around much today, been busy at work. I think I'll be having a look at a Fiesta, C3 again and a Punto for starters

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Its sad to see how things have gone when bragging rights of BHP has been replaced by MPG.

Thank you Clarkson. I suspect it's because most people on here are well past the first flushes of youth. And you kind of grow out of bragging about how many BHP or how fast your car goes to 60 once you get out of your teens. So then most people start worrying about how expensive it is to fill your car up.