New Bargains Thread

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCA-DEL-COSMA-MENS-LA-SPEZIA-WHITE-ORANGE-SPIKELESS-GOLF-SHOES-RRP-189/313165060990?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=611994245653&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Bought a pair of these recently and they are exceptional. Go a size up though as usually i'm a 9/9.5 but in these I had to order a 10 in the end. Very comfy and feel very high end quality. The 2 pairs I ordered (had to send the 9's back) neither had any blemishes on them like the description states they might. For the price they are the best shoes I've had in years.
I can't lie, they look absolutely hideous. :sick:

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Kirkland Signature 3-piece Urethane Cover Golf Balls - 24 Pack - £29.89
Be aware though. I bought these and although they feel fine off the face and give decent distance off the irons, they are substantially shorter than other balls with the driver.
I noticed this when I used them and then saw a couple of reviews that said the same. They just don't perform off the driver.

On that note they be like the Dunlop v1 dp3 I think they were. Good around greens but lost a bit of distance off the tee with them.

I see I need to sign up for a membership with them in order to get the balls. It's like 15 quid or something.

sunshine

Visit site
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCA-DEL-COSMA-MENS-LA-SPEZIA-WHITE-ORANGE-SPIKELESS-GOLF-SHOES-RRP-189/313165060990?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=611994245653&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Bought a pair of these recently and they are exceptional. Go a size up though as usually i'm a 9/9.5 but in these I had to order a 10 in the end. Very comfy and feel very high end quality. The 2 pairs I ordered (had to send the 9's back) neither had any blemishes on them like the description states they might. For the price they are the best shoes I've had in years.

Not sure you should be posting these in the bargains thread, when you can get these for a fiver

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LUOEM-Cl...=3730280498412c8e67cdb42a456d8ba689d3997b3f60

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I bought these https://www.ducadelcosma.co.uk/mens...U0MClnlN2mVtY0MaAj8GEALw_wcB#/11-size_shoe-43 they do look good! although I have to say, I thought the brown bit at the back was red ?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
How do County Golf get away with their 'flash sale' claims? You click through from their email, find the same things that have been on there for weeks, at the exact same prices that they have been for weeks...

They are the DFS of golf shops :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
How do County Golf get away with their 'flash sale' claims? You click through from their email, find the same things that have been on there for weeks, at the exact same prices that they have been for weeks...

They are the DFS of golf shops :)
Not complaining! They're always the first place I check when I fancy some new golf gear.

AdamW

Visit site
Looking for a waterproof cart bag after getting absolutely drenched today also a umbrella if anyone see or knows of any deals would appreciate a heads up please ?

Sekiro

Visit site
Lots of places currently running a deal on wedges, buy two or more and receive £10 off each wedge, not a huge saving but it all adds up!

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Do new wedges really make much difference? I keep my wedges clean, hit a spinny ball (eg ProV1) hard, and sure enough it spins...

sunshine

Visit site
Do new wedges really make much difference? I keep my wedges clean, hit a spinny ball (eg ProV1) hard, and sure enough it spins...

Yes. With an older wedge, the ball rolls/slides up the club face so you get a higher launch but less spin. OK for a high flop shot, but you won't get the same level of check on pitches.

It's all relative though. Pro's are changing wedges every few months, as amateurs we won't notice it that quickly.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Yes. With an older wedge, the ball rolls/slides up the club face so you get a higher launch but less spin. OK for a high flop shot, but you won't get the same level of check on pitches.

It's all relative though. Pro's are changing wedges every few months, as amateurs we won't notice it that quickly.
I don't know... I'd be keen to try out new and old wedges against each other on a launch monitor.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

New wedges have sharper (fresh grooves) so you'll get that lovely zip especially with a premium ball. As the wedges age and the grooves get older the spin will reduce but I prefer that as spin becomes far more predictable and you can judge how far it'll spin and roll, especially on short pitches or chip and runs. On newer wedges you'll get a few that really dig their feet in, especially on a decent strike which I find harder to control and work with