New Bargains Thread

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
My coat has come today , just wondering will you be using yours to play golf in ? Wonderingly if it will be suitable or if dedicated golf coats offer anything better with the materials they are made from ?

Not got mine yet but hadn't considered it for golf.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Been offered a new Powakaddy FX3 for £450. Warranty included. Relatively new to golf, need a electric trolly. Would people consider that a good deal?
It's a decent trolley and the price is £50 off list so looks a decent deal. Might want to check if it's this year's model or older stock I guess.

Seanz25

Visit site
It's a decent trolley and the price is £50 off list so looks a decent deal. Might want to check if it's this year's model or older stock I guess.

Cheers, just trying to work out my best option. Seems Motocaddy and Powakaddy do a free bag deal at least twice a year, but unlikely to find the trolly at £450 including the free bag.

sunshine

Visit site
Been offered a new Powakaddy FX3 for £450. Warranty included. Relatively new to golf, need a electric trolly. Would people consider that a good deal?

If you're new to golf, I would ask the question why do you need an electric trolley at all? I can think of better uses of £500,

DuckHookDave

Visit site
Several websites are offering the 2020 Powakaddy FX3 for £500 with 10% discount, so £450. Using this you can also get the 10% discount off a new bag. I have recently purchased the new CT6 as I wanted the trolley to fold up small. Does exactly that, a lot smaller than any other electric trolley on the market

sunshine

Visit site
Yup! I have a disability so electric is going to make things easier for me! :)

Fair play. If you have a disability you may be able to use a buggy in competitions as well. Many clubs are trying to be as inclusive as possible today. Good luck!

Thought it was worth raising the question on needing a trolley, as I've seen many newbies rush out and spend loads of money on gear that ends up gathering dust in the shed.

Seanz25

Visit site
@DuckHookDave thanks for the info mate! Guy who's offered me the FX3 at £450 mentioned he may be able to chuck in a bag free, so gonna see if that comes off!

Fair play. If you have a disability you may be able to use a buggy in competitions as well. Many clubs are trying to be as inclusive as possible today. Good luck!

Thought it was worth raising the question on needing a trolley, as I've seen many newbies rush out and spend loads of money on gear that ends up gathering dust in the shed.

All good, appreciate the heads up, it's definitely something worth considering. I've been having lessons on and off for a year or two now and mostly spent time on the range, next step for me is playing on the course regularly and feel the electric trolly will be a big factor in making that happen.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
@DuckHookDave thanks for the info mate! Guy who's offered me the FX3 at £450 mentioned he may be able to chuck in a bag free, so gonna see if that comes off!

All good, appreciate the heads up, it's definitely something worth considering. I've been having lessons on and off for a year or two now and mostly spent time on the range, next step for me is playing on the course regularly and feel the electric trolly will be a big factor in making that happen.
Make sure it has a Lithium battery as the benefits over conventional batteries are massive.
I'd also recommend you consider the GoKart golf trolley. British made, great quality and excellent customer service.
GoKart website

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I remember seeing someone recommending these years ago, can't verify as I don't use them myself though: https://www.gokart.co.uk/ The cheaper one on there is £400 with an 18 hole battery (as oppose to the 36 hole option).

(Oh I just noticed Robster59 said the same thing.)

D

Deleted member 16999

Don’t know if this is the same price everywhere else, Bargain Golf Equipment:

Srixon ‘4 for 3’ Offer

Z-Star (White or Yellow)
Z-Star XV (White or Yellow)
£29.99 per dozen
OR
£89.97 for 4 dozen

Q-Star
£24.99 per dozen
OR