Netflix

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I ditched netflix years ago as I found I wasn't watching it much and the search function was irritating.
I have prime membership, which includes prime video. I have always found a good rotation of films on there. They also have had some good tv series too, but they have an annoying habit of release the latest series in the UK late or simply stop releasing the later series in the UK if the demand isn't as strong.
I was thinking to try netflix again soon, so hopefully this news will mean some juicy offers come back for new customers.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know a couple of people who are organised enough to rotate their subscriptions. They do a couple of months of Netflix, then a couple of Amazon then a couple of Disney Plus. Means that there is generally always plenty to watch whilst only ever paying for one. Wish I could be that organised.

May all change when Netflix start charging for use on accounts that are geographically distant. I think that both of my wife's parents use her Netflix subscription.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We ditched Disney + a month or two ago. Something had to give and that was the weakest link for us. We still have Netflix and Amazon, Amazon we have via work so that wont be going anywhere :D. Netflix goes through phases of having plenty of good things and then a fallow period. At the moment I have a few things on the go so it is earning its way.

Having these subscription channels is a luxury so it is no surprise that people are looking closely at them. They have had a golden spell during covid when people were stuck in, now is a time to re-adjust.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We ditched Disney + a month or two ago. Something had to give and that was the weakest link for us. We still have Netflix and Amazon, Amazon we have via work so that wont be going anywhere :D. Netflix goes through phases of having plenty of good things and then a fallow period. At the moment I have a few things on the go so it is earning its way.

Having these subscription channels is a luxury so it is no surprise that people are looking closely at them. They have had a golden spell during covid when people were stuck in, now is a time to re-adjust.

Love how they think going after password sharing could be an idea to get funds

People will just not take up subscriptions

Put prices up enough and people will just go dodgy routes tbh

If sky did their sport for say £10 a month .. Netflix did for £5 a month.. more people would subscribe not less

RichA

Visit site
We've had Prime for years. We got it for the free delivery, so the streaming feels like a freebie.
We're currently piggy-backing the BiL's Netflix and Sky. He has a family subscription, although I guess it's intended for families who live in the same house. I won't miss it if it's taken away.
We ditched Disney+ a year or so ago after watching all the Marvel films in succession. Just resubscribed, having discovered you can pay with Tesco Clubcard vouchers.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have stuck with Disney plus. There is a new Marvel or Star Wars series most months and that interests me and they are pretty quick at getting new release films onto the platform (sometimes day one). The one that is suffering the most for me is Sky Cinema. that would go if we had not got it cheap. Simple fact is that there was nothing new released for nearly 2 years (but no freeze or reduction) and now most studios have their own streaming channel now so Sky cannot get the new films to stream. They have lost access to Marvel, Star Wars, will soon lose Bond. If Paramount and Warner Brothers release in Europe, they are in real problems. If HBO Max release as well, they are going to struggle to get content for Sky One (it will always be Sky One) and Sky Atlantic.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have stuck with Disney plus. There is a new Marvel or Star Wars series most months and that interests me and they are pretty quick at getting new release films onto the platform (sometimes day one). The one that is suffering the most for me is Sky Cinema. that would go if we had not got it cheap. Simple fact is that there was nothing new released for nearly 2 years (but no freeze or reduction) and now most studios have their own streaming channel now so Sky cannot get the new films to stream. They have lost access to Marvel, Star Wars, will soon lose Bond. If Paramount and Warner Brothers release in Europe, they are in real problems. If HBO Max release as well, they are going to struggle to get content for Sky One (it will always be Sky One) and Sky Atlantic.

Cinema hd on your Android phone and a chrome cast

Any show you want

Have prime , Netflix and Disney but there is always something you can't find

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The password sharing must be a pretty big problem and I guess at core level its the same as downloading music/movies for free off some 3rd party site or getting fake dvd's etc

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The password sharing must be a pretty big problem and I guess at core level its the same as downloading music/movies for free off some 3rd party site or getting fake dvd's etc

Depends. Bog standard Netflix £7 a month

Premium £16

So instead of 1 basics two people share a premium

However the standard which is in the middle is £11

I'd say they have done well out of it aswell as some might share a Netflix for £16 a month or whatever who might not have bothered and pay £8 each for better than the basic can offer

Still maintain make it £10 a month tops and people won't share as it's cheap

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Depends. Bog standard Netflix £7 a month

Premium £16

So instead of 1 basics two people share a premium

However the standard which is in the middle is £11

I'd say they have done well out of it aswell as some might share a Netflix for £16 a month or whatever who might not have bothered and pay £8 each for better than the basic can offer

Still maintain make it £10 a month tops and people won't share as it's cheap

I didn't think they were talking about valid password sharing being an issue. Just the millions doing it who really shouldn't be

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I didn't think they were talking about valid password sharing being an issue. Just the millions doing it who really shouldn't be

How many of those just won't bother tho?

I share my dad's, he shares my prime.

A few people have My Disney plus

If I cut everyone off my Disney plus 1 person would bother

If dad cut us off Netflix only I'd bother for the kids ..

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
How many of those just won't bother tho?

I share my dad's, he shares my prime.

A few people have My Disney plus

If I cut everyone off my Disney plus 1 person would bother

If dad cut us off Netflix only I'd bother for the kids ..

I get it, we probably all do it to some extent on one thing or another (i've bought hundreds of fake dvds over the years) But its still no different to jumping on the course at the third hole and playing a dozen holes if you're not a member/paid green fee)

Somebody somewhere is providing goods or services that are usually chargeable but they are being consumed for free/not correct fee

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I get it, we probably all do it to some extent on one thing or another (i've bought hundreds of fake dvds over the years) But its still no different to jumping on the course at the third hole and playing a dozen holes when your not a member/paid green fee)

Somebody somewhere is providing goods or services that are usually chargeable but they are being consumed for free/not correct fee

They are just trying to change their definitions of family

Because now they want to limit it to who you live with rather than who it is

Just remembered we have his sky go. Use it rarely if west ham are on otherwise don't watch it

I have BT sport I use that a lot

It's all about affordability

I used to pay £100 a month for Virgin, sky sport and bt sport (Broadband aswell) I was happy with that but then they stopped working and sky wanted that without BT sport so I told him no thanks

If sky had said right £100 all in id of still be paying it

I pay bt £50 a month with internet and bt sport .. I could ditch the sport but for that I'm just happy to have it for when something is on

If it went up £20 a month I'd prob tell them to do one

Still maintain if they price it right people don't mind

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
They are just trying to change their definitions of family

Because now they want to limit it to who you live with rather than who it is

Just remembered we have his sky go. Use it rarely if west ham are on otherwise don't watch it

I have BT sport I use that a lot

It's all about affordability

I used to pay £100 a month for Virgin, sky sport and bt sport (Broadband aswell) I was happy with that but then they stopped working and sky wanted that without BT sport so I told him no thanks

If sky had said right £100 all in id of still be paying it

I pay bt £50 a month with internet and bt sport .. I could ditch the sport but for that I'm just happy to have it for when something is on

If it went up £20 a month I'd prob tell them to do one

Still maintain if they price it right people don't mind

I doubt any price is low enough to satisfy everyone though

I'm trying to get a sky go for The Open so I can cancel my satellite provider (been paying top package for years inc a couple of thousand football games every season and not watched a single one, so I feel kinda 'ripped off'/its too expensive etc )

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I doubt any price is low enough to satisfy everyone though

I'm trying to get a sky go for The Open so I can cancel my satellite provider (been paying top package for years inc a couple of thousand football games every season and not watched a single one, so I feel kinda 'ripped off'/its too expensive etc )

So many people I know (I haven't considered yet) are getting those firesticks that for like £80 a year they get the lot .. but that includes 3pm games

Think people are getting fed up of paying so much but not getting what they want to watch

When I lived at home we had sky. I only started downloading when I went to watch a TV show sky had and the 1st one was no longer on catch up and they wanted £5 to watch it or whatever and the X amount a month wasn't enough for them

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
So many people I know (I haven't considered yet) are getting those firesticks that for like £80 a year they get the lot .. but that includes 3pm games

Think people are getting fed up of paying so much but not getting what they want to watch

When I lived at home we had sky. I only started downloading when I went to watch a TV show sky had and the 1st one was no longer on catch up and they wanted £5 to watch it or whatever and the X amount a month wasn't enough for them

Yeah the number of providers has grown with the number & range of content and if we want to consume more the price soon mounts up to the point it doesn't make sense/ or give an acceptable return
Something has to give for each household/individual &/or we'll find other ways to get it or dare I say it... I just have to do without it

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah the number of providers has grown with the number & range of content and if we want to consume more the price soon mounts up to the point it doesn't make sense/ or give an acceptable return
Something has to give for each household/individual &/or we'll find other ways to get it or dare I say it... I just have to do without it

Ditching virgin (when we had sky sports) opened my eyes just how little I watch it

I'll watch the masters on it for example .. but not that often stuff is on

Mrs puts on Disney plus for the kids so sky cinema isn't used

So we don't miss it

Sky golf is like £20 a month ...if they offered it to me for £5 a month (when football is £20 or all of them for £27 last time I priced up) I'd be like yes please I'll watch that ..

Bet a few more would aswell

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is the problem, we are used to having it all on one subscription, Sky. Now sport is split over at least 3 options now, movies and TV even more. Assuming you cannot or will not pay for all providers, many are now choosing one or two or none at all as they wnat it all or nothing.

I ditched all sport channels. I want to watch rugby, Sky only had some England matches so ditched them. BT have club rugby and european matches but is that enough to justify the cost, probably not, can nearly get a season ticket for Tigers for the cost of BT sport for a year/