Netflix

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is the problem, we are used to having it all on one subscription, Sky. Now sport is split over at least 3 options now, movies and TV even more. Assuming you cannot or will not pay for all providers, many are now choosing one or two or none at all as they wnat it all or nothing.

I ditched all sport channels. I want to watch rugby, Sky only had some England matches so ditched them. BT have club rugby and european matches but is that enough to justify the cost, probably not, can nearly get a season ticket for Tigers for the cost of BT sport for a year/

Exactly

I question the anti monopoly law .. suppose to provide best value for the consumer

It really doesn't

We used to pay say £50 to sky

Now it's £50 sky. £20 bt £10 Amazon to get the same kind of service

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
This is the problem, we are used to having it all on one subscription, Sky. Now sport is split over at least 3 options now, movies and TV even more. Assuming you cannot or will not pay for all providers, many are now choosing one or two or none at all as they wnat it all or nothing.

I ditched all sport channels. I want to watch rugby, Sky only had some England matches so ditched them. BT have club rugby and european matches but is that enough to justify the cost, probably not, can nearly get a season ticket for Tigers for the cost of BT sport for a year/

And we need to remember that having it all does not mean the same now as it did 10 years ago, 'All' ten years ago was a fraction of what 'all' is now

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And we need to remember that having it all does not mean the same now as it did 10 years ago, 'All' ten years ago was a fraction of what 'all' is now

Think the providers need to be reminded that viewing needs change aswell

I'd pay a "season" ticket for west ham digitally and for the golf

X amount a month

All this rubbish this country peddles that it would ruin lower league attendance. Bull. I don't go to watch daggers (round corner) but If I did I'd be going with a group of people as a thing we did so offering that west ham game wouldn't stop me doing a thing with my mates ..

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Think the providers need to be reminded that viewing needs change aswell

I'd pay a "season" ticket for west ham digitally and for the golf

X amount a month

All this rubbish this country peddles that it would ruin lower league attendance. Bull. I don't go to watch daggers (round corner) but If I did I'd be going with a group of people as a thing we did so offering that west ham game wouldn't stop me doing a thing with my mates ..

Rugby have just got this. Only App streaming at the moment but early days but they how every match not live on BT Sport online at £5.99 a game but they are working on a season ticket option for next season. That could be perfect for me.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Probably won't ditch Netflix, seem to watch more on there than anywhere else. Don't watch so much on Prime, but it pays for deliveries, likely to keep that too for now. Only have SKY sports and regular channels, mainly for the golf, don't use Apple, Disney or any of the other streaming services. Will probably ditch my Adobe subscription, that's £10 a month to allow for photoshop an other apps, haven't used it to edit a photo for months now.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Just received notification of the price increase on Netflix, and gonna ditch them. Rarely use it, prefer HBO and for less than half the price.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
There may be a pattern emerging here. People bemoaning series being relased one part at a time. If you put all of the episodes out at once, you can binge watch them even under a free one month trial (guessing easy enough to get those if you set up enough email accounts). If you release it over 8 or 10 weeks, you need at least one, maybe 2 months of paid subscription to see it. OK only impacts people who do not want to wait 2-3 months to see a series or want to see it first with no spoilers but may explain why not everything is released now in one bingeable block.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There may be a pattern emerging here. People bemoaning series being relased one part at a time. If you put all of the episodes out at once, you can binge watch them even under a free one month trial (guessing easy enough to get those if you set up enough email accounts). If you release it over 8 or 10 weeks, you need at least one, maybe 2 months of paid subscription to see it. OK only impacts people who do not want to wait 2-3 months to see a series or want to see it first with no spoilers but may explain why not everything is released now in one bingeable block.

What also is rubbish is trying to watch something old

We got into modern family late

Series 1-8 for example were Netflix .. then it was sky for some ..

Same with Brooklyn 99 Netflix and then e4

Rick and Morty ..

Just keep it blooming simple

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
We had Netflix for a while as the missus nagged me to get it. Then she never watched it so I cancelled it. More than a year later, she asked why we didn't have Netflix. :unsure:
Anyway, we have Sky, Amazon Prime and terrestrial. I have no need for any more.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cinema hd on your Android phone and a chrome cast

Any show you want

Have prime , Netflix and Disney but there is always something you can't find

You cannot cast Sky. At least I could not when I tried it or from memory all it showed was a copy of telephone size screen (vertical letterbox)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the problems I find generally is that there is a limit to how much time I want to watch TV and I often have to delete unwatched series form the hard drive to allow space for another series. For that reason alone I am happy to have on subscription to one service even if it means missing out on some big movies.

I do watch Netflix from time to time particularly when I visit my son and the biggest annoyance I find is series disappearing between the times I watch sometimes because they go to another provider e.g Star Trek.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You cannot cast Sky. At least I could not when I tried it or from memory all it showed was a copy of telephone size screen (vertical letterbox)

You don't need to cast sky is the thing. Cinema hd does the movies, sport elsewhere

If you are having to cast sky ie using sky go you just use a laptop with a hdmi or an old Xbox as the player

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Splitters are about £10, some great ones out there that split it 3 ways with selector button on front

I am not going to muck around with my son's set up. Everything is controlled from a single AV controller source.

I know all about how to connect my own devices in my own home but thanks for the thoughts.