need help guys!

bigbiffa

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
ok.....had my lesson.Faults were-
1. i wasnt turning my hips
2. i was closing the clubface at top of backswing.
3. i was letting my right foot move about in backswing

so, hit balls yesterday, practising what my pro told me, played today,got round in 82 and managed 36 stableford pts. however, but for a few lipped out putts, i would have played undr my handicap, not bad for an away course!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
ok.....had my lesson.Faults were-
1. i wasnt turning my hips
2. i was closing the clubface at top of backswing.
3. i was letting my right foot move about in backswing

so, hit balls yesterday, practising what my pro told me, played today,got round in 82 and managed 36 stableford pts. however, but for a few lipped out putts, i would have played undr my handicap, not bad for an away course!

That's great news. Hopefully you will be opening your club a little and using your hips (the big muscles) to square the clubface. Good score... no shame in 36pts.

Let's see a vid of your new swing then........ :D

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
This is quite apt...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg8hSHfi1oI

Shows how you square the face off a strong grip.

(nb: On your video it actually looked to me like you closed the clubface a fraction on the initial takeaway, thus making it closed at the top, not that it's that important...as the video shows, it's all about getting the hips out of the way and getting to the left side through impact)

Hope that helps.

bigbiffa

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
yeah, true m8. i was also letting my left arm collapse at the top,so that wouldnt help.Ive to practice the old half way back then hinge drill, whilst trying to keep clubface open! not much to think about then, just as well i enjoy beating balls!

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This looks and sounds a bit spooky. It almost describes all my bad shots to a tee as well. The bad ones almost always finish left and sometimes hooking as well. Have videoed my swing just at the weekend so will try to upload, but does sound like similar problem !!!

bigbiffa

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
This looks and sounds a bit spooky. It almost describes all my bad shots to a tee as well. The bad ones almost always finish left and sometimes hooking as well. Have videoed my swing just at the weekend so will try to upload, but does sound like similar problem !!!
well there you go matey, try these fixes, they are working for me, even seeing the right side of the course for 1st time in months!