Need advice on a hybrid

V

vkurup

Having taken up golf this year, I am a 26 HC. Spent a mortagage on getting my kit sorted. Got TM Burner Driver, 3W, 3-PW, Vokey Wedges. Now I have realised I cant hit my 3 and 4 irons. so looking to substitute with hybrids. I am looking for a forgiving set of hybrids (not slave to brand). Any view if he Burner 2.0 Rescues are any good? Any others that I should consider. (I hit my 6 irpon about 160yards)

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
for a beginner I cannot recommend the cobra bafflers highly enough, very easy to get in the air and go a decent distance whilst being quite forgiving, miss mine actually and may well replace my nike vr's with a pair

I had the DWS version but am sure the TWS or rail are just as good if not better

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
I tried the bafflers but found they launched a bit high for me. When I'm swinging well I hit my G15 hybrid well and with the Serrano shaft has a nice penetrating flight. But I do struggle with it especially off the deck. Worth a look but if your bad shot goes left avoid them as the offset will exaggerate a pull/hook. Good luck with your search

V

vkurup

Found a few TM Burner rescues at £99..Need to give them a go... Interestingly borrowed a friends' John Letters 23 degree (4H) about 180yards to set up a par - not a bad result!!!

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Found a few TM Burner rescues at £99..Need to give them a go... Interestingly borrowed a friends' John Letters 23 degree (4H) about 180yards to set up a par - not a bad result!!!
American Golf have a couple of burner rescues on sale around 69-79 .... One of which is the original burner super fast (the black one),

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Think the simple answer is to go and try as many as you can. What suits one won't suit another. I like the TM superfast I have but have had Cobra and a Ping and both were pretty good. The Cobra is arguably one of the more forgiving

V

vkurup

The Cobras seem to be winning :eek:ne: Looks like a time to visit my pro.. Interestingly, the Cobra Rail is about £70 on Direct golf (but for a 5 replacement). 3 and 4 replacements look like 130 on American..

fat-tiger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The Cobras seem to be winning :eek:ne: Looks like a time to visit my pro.. Interestingly, the Cobra Rail is about £70 on Direct golf (but for a 5 replacement). 3 and 4 replacements look like 130 on American..

cobra railers are fantastic clubs you will not go wrong with em so easy to hit, buy 1 and i bet you end up buying more i have 5wood 3 rescue 5 rescue all easy to hit

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a Cobra Baffler DWS for sale if you would like it. It is the 20* version with a stiff VS proto shaft, very good nick as I am completely anal with cleaning my clubs!! ;)
£45 delivered.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Now I'm not one for Hybrids, I prefer to hit proper long irons :whoo:

However

I did hit a selection of the Adams golf "Idea" range today. The A12 and V3 options are especially nice to hit.

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Taylormade rescue 09. (No4)
Great club, tried a couple of others, titleist 910h & Tm rescue 11 and neither give me the flight the 09 does.
You can pick them up fairly cheap online or on the bay.

I got one of these today. Wanted one for a while but couldn't find a right hand one. Walked into my local AG today and there it is, only one and on offer for £69 bargain!

V

vkurup

Now I'm not one for Hybrids, I prefer to hit proper long irons :whoo:

Me too.. I have TM Burner 2.0 3 and 4 irons... but they have lost their mojo in the past 4 months.. While skill is to be blamed, I think blaming the club is lot easier.