Need 10 or 20 yards more off the tee, recommendations on a driver please

MrO

Visit site
For me I worked throughout this winter trying to increase my swing speed whilst maintaining control. It was mostly range work where I would swing at 100% for say 10 balls and then drop down to around 90% for the next 10 etc etc I would then repeat over and over again and I was finding a higher majority of my 90 percenters where going further and were landing favorably in terms of dispersion.

As you then get more comfortable with the higher swingspeed you will find more fairways and gain more distance with the higher swingspeed than what was previously possible when you were swinging slower. Not to mention the range sessions themselves selves will condition you and make you stronger by feeling less fatigue from the additional effort you are applying.

Getting on a launch monitor to measure your SS beforehand and again after a few months will of course establish if any increase is reflected in the numbers.

Knowing the limit before control is lost is for me key to having tidy like long round!

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'd really recommend going to see a fitter who is able to put several combinations of head and shaft in your hands based on launch monitor data. I'm guessing that you want more yards, but not loose accuracy and the fitter will guide you on this.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd really recommend going to see a fitter who is able to put several combinations of head and shaft in your hands based on launch monitor data. I'm guessing that you want more yards, but not loose accuracy and the fitter will guide you on this.

I'm pretty good at 'loose' accuracy ;)

I'm rather disappointed but not surprised that so many suggestions are based around the tech - rather than just looking to improve your swing. Shouldn't improving our swing to improve our game be the #1 objective for all of us rather than kidding ourselves that we're getting better when all it is is the tech.

Last edited:

351DRIVER

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Most golfers can easily pick up 30 yards with a bit of exercise and focusing on speed

Problem is MOST golfers never put in the work to get the yards and try and buy their game which is why TM makes so much cash!