Names rarely used

RichA

Visit site
Mum was called Effie. Unusual as it was, it was also my Dad's mother's name.
My grandfather, like me, was Richard. Common enough but good luck finding one below the age of 40.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Most of the old fashioned names mentioned are middle class staples nowadays where I live! If you had a baby Barry or Tracy you would be in the minority.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My mum has two.
Elsie and Lilian.

She has never said it, but I don’t think she likes Elsie as all her friends have always called her Lilian.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Mum was called Effie. Unusual as it was, it was also my Dad's mother's name.
My grandfather, like me, was Richard. Common enough but good luck finding one below the age of 40.
My cousin Effie‘s actually a Euphemia…now you don’t hear that name very often these days.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Reginald was a very popular unpopular name. As in

Marty Wilde
Rex Harrison
Elton John

But it makes a comeback in the 24th century with Lieutenant Reginald Barclay who appears in Next Generation and Voyager :geek:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Four of my mates are named Colin, all over forty years old , not a common name now I wouldn't think .
Plenty of Colin’s in the Hebrides…being named after their grandfather who was named after his grandfather, who was named after…and so on back in time. I’ve the same name (forename and surname) as my grandfather, as does one of my cousins (same grandfather) and he named his second son after our common grandfather. My family tree is full of blokes with the same name 🙄

That said my wife wasn’t having our son called Hector…