My swing......

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finally plucked up the courage to expose myself to the ridicule of the masses......

Driver

6 Iron

Hopefully the above should work!?!?!?

Rarely ever swing the driver at the range as it is working fine on the course....if it aint broke and all that!

Any comments/advice appreciated,

cheers,

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

What a good swing :)
Lots of great positions throughout the swing.
Some may say you're a bit flat but I wouldn't worry.
If I were being picky, I would ask you to look at your hips and right foot at impact. Ideally, your hips will have turned more and your right heal would be a few inches off the ground.
Strengths...........Clubface perfect at the top, great tempo and head hardly moves an inch :)
Good job :D :D :D

B

birdieman

You look like single figure handicap to me, great tempo as someone already said.
Is your putting and chipping poor? - can see no reason why you're off 24.

B

birdieman

Could be Bob - never seen a 24 h'cap nail a drive like that though. Maybe there were 50 takes?? ;)

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have just watched your video about 20 times and am very impressed as been said before should be single figures.lovely rythm and tempo.the only thing i can see wrong and its only minor your right thumb the nail looks a little long,ha,ha.keep up the good work

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
I look at all the swings that are posted on here and have never felt the need to post a reply. I'm not qualified to comment like Bob is , however in this case I was shocked. I watched your driver swing and had to view it several times to believe what I was seeing. 24 h/c with that tempo throughout the whole swing , what a lovely balanced finsh too. My compliments to you and I will watch with interest your progress this year.

24 :eek:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It is a thing of beauty and much better than my "golfer having a fit" swing on here. I can't believe you are 24. You must either be a) a glory hunter or b) a glory hunter in the making who will clean up this year on the way to single figures.

Keep going. You have everything in place to have an excellent season

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wow! - thanks for all the positive comments, I certainly wasn't expecting that!

You look like single figure handicap to me, great tempo as someone already said.
Is your putting and chipping poor? - can see no reason why you're off 24.

Actually. along with the driver my putting and chipping are probably the best part of my game, I really struggled with the irons during the comps last year and have been working quite hard to get a more consistant strike with the irons through the winter.

Only hit a golf ball for the first time in January 2009, so last year was a steep learning curve in many ways, really hoping to get down to mid teens this year.

How far do you hit your driver and 6i?

At the range the 6 Iron carries about 150, probably a little further with a decent ball on the course, I have backed off a bit to get more consistency. The driver carries around 220 again at the range, never measured it on a course and really not too worried as long as it sails down the middle! ;)

Screwback

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It is a really good swing for your handicap but what i would say, and i am in no way qualified to say, is that you should turn through the ball more on your down swing.

Just my opinion but as i said great swing canny beleive your off 24.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Tempo seems great, Id say that you dont seem to "get through" the ball, is that you hitting the driver normally or easing off a little?
It looks fairly effortless but Id sasy you could get another few yards without sacrificing accuracy if you put a bit more weight through it.

Playing of 24 with a swing like that??? do you use your driver on the short stuff also? :D

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Both, but here's your iron swing at impact

Photo0jkhyvg.jpg

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tempo seems great, Id say that you dont seem to "get through" the ball, is that you hitting the driver normally or easing off a little?

I'd say that was a normal swing, I have purposely backed off on all my shots to get more control.

do you use your driver on the short stuff also? :D

lol No - but it has been mentioned that I would have been better taking the putter off the Tee on par 3's occasionally! :D

steveyjd81

Assistant Pro
Visit site
hi

you have great rythm which helps you hit the ball solidly

you have one major flaw in your swing which normally effects 'better players'

on your backswing you take the club way too much on the inside

this causes you to be flat on the backswing and you end coming over the top causing the pull/fade ball flight

a good drill is to stick a tee peg in the end of your club and swing halfway back you want to tee to be pointing in between your feet and the ball

the club should feel lighter now and on a more upright plane

there are many lower handicaps with worse swings than you

hope this helps