My Swing

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mike it likes a bit like mine have a look at my post about my posture from yesterday and i got really helpful advice and check the sing vision from Adam Scott at the end thats how it should be done ,hope this helps.

B

birdieman

Mike I would suggest you slow that takeaway right down - it's really fast, I'd have thought you'd struggle to get a consistent swing?

Not claiming to be any kind of expert but that jumped out at me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Its not easy to see being so dark but I agree with birdieman. As someone who was very, very quick all the way through the swing I can tell you that it makes life very hard to get consistany or give yourself any time to make the correct swing.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Mike, great swing.
I have read others comments about slowing down your backswing but if thats you natural speed, I'd say stick with it. Think of Nick Price :)
I'm guessing you dont always make perfect contact with the ball?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
In the 'face on swing' the peak of your cap turns considerably to the right. I'd suggest you keep your eyes looking at the ball to give you more consistancy.

In the 'down the line swing' the swing looks a bit 'armsy' as if you didn't get into the ball properly. It looked to me that your weight might be a bit too much on your heels causing you to be everso slighly off balance.

I too like the tempo, but I don't like the fact that your vids were sideways! :D

Mike_j_golf

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Mike, great swing.
I have read others comments about slowing down your backswing but if thats you natural speed, I'd say stick with it. Think of Nick Price :)
I'm guessing you dont always make perfect contact with the ball?
Thanks for the comments, have the odd bad day bob where the tempo is all over the place otherwise the irons would be fairly strong have tried to slow the swing down in the past with disasters results and find it hard to his easy irons the video would be me swinging about 90%.
Mike

leewestrudd1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i've had to slow down my takeaway,i found it easier when the lad i've been practicing with stands behind me and says you don't f'£$^ng hit it on the backswing,after a while it does your head in and you get used to it,then when you get on the course and the occasional fast one creeps back in,i hear is voice saying 'you dont hit it on the f@£$%ng backswing' that does the trick,i've also changed my swing plane at the same time which i think has helped as it has give me something else to concentrate on apart from the speed of my swing,i've now got a wider,lower take away and best of all slower to give me more control,i've lost no distance either!