My lucky day

Lloydy84

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've been looking for some good second hand irons for months now, my old ones are too cumbersome and are graphite shafts and have too much flex. i have been dreaming about a set of mizuno mp60's after trying out a demo club a few weeks ago, only to find out that they sell new for £520.

Today i went up to my course for a round with my mates, went into the pro's shop to sign in, to be greeted by our pro who told me he'd just got in a mint condition set of mp60's. When he showed me them i thought they were new, there wasn't a mark on them and the 3 iron was still wrapped in plastic. I was bracing myself for the enevetable 400 odd quid he'd want for them. To my delight they were only 280 for 3-pw. As excited as a child on christmas morning i rushed back to the car to tell my dad to get the credit card(have payed him back now !) so with my old clubs traded in for 60 (as much as i could have hoped for) i got the mp60s for a bargain price of 220! as you can see i am well chuffed at this.

I then proceeded to cream the 4 iron straight as an arrow down the first, and hit every iron sweetly all round. :)

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Nice one, a great set of irons for a great price. And to go and play with them so well afterwards...... what a result.

Go to vegas now as it would seem that you may just have a 4 leafed clover up your jacksie at the moment!!!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great iron's, i play MP60's and apart from my old ping anser putter, it's the only kit i would never change . . . wish i had got them for £220 though !!!

B

birdieman

Give it a few rounds Lloydy and you'll be cursing and slamming them in the ground with the rest of us! You're suffering 'shinynewgearitis' - it will pass.
You might have won this battle but you'll never win the war!

Lloydy84

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Birdieman you were right... today was our monthly medal and i was very disapointed with a nett 75 luck was strongly against me today. Funny how it evens out. anyway, i blame the fact that i don't know how far my irons go anymore, these ones seem to fly higher and are more accurate but go about half a club less distance than my old irons, this made me try to force them the extra 10 yds on occasion. Junior- did you find this with yours?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi Lloydy, Yes i did ! On average there a little shorter than my previous (Ping G2) irons but they fly higher and it is a little easier to shape the ball. I'm no expert but I think this would be the case with any forged club -vs- cavity back.

Stick with them though, I've had mine for over a year now and love them, I'm not good enough to play pure blades and the MP60's are a happy medium.

Lloydy84

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for that Junior, good to know that it's not just me! i really do love the clubs, need to get used to them yet though, much smaller heads than before. distance isn't a factor for me with irons, it's all about control. So i think these clubs will be in my bag for a very long time. Glad that you're getting on with yours. Thanks for the reassuring post