My Latest Swing

The23rdman

Challenge Tour Pro
www.soulfulphotograpy.co.uk
I notice your youtube descriptor says "getting my backswing more on plane" or something like that.
What was up with it? If you are trying to flatten it....STOP, enough already. If you are trying to make it more upright, then you've still got some work to do.

It's the same as mine was 6 weeks ago, identical in every respect....with the "flat" set and the overswing.

What are you trying to change? Don't want to sound down on you, but I'd hate to see you get in the mess I got in from over-drilling.

More upright. All I'm trying to do is get it on a better 9 o'clock plane so it's more biomechanically sound and efficient.

pjaz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looks good to me, but then again I've never seen my own swing on video - something i plan on doing soon.

I played with someone a couple of years ago who played of 10, his long game was amazing, probably the best i have ever played alongside but his short game was worse than mine and I was playing off 28 at the time.

I play mostly on muni's and find they can be quiet in the evenings (post end March) so you can get some time on a real green(s) if there are 2-3 near each other.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
More upright...like me, yep!

It's a difficult thing to do without some visual help. My pro wanted me to use a shaft in the ground as an aid, I ended up inventing a gadget to use at the range instead.

Planesettingdevice.jpg

Although I find the phrase "biomechnically" (used in explanar marketing also) a bit O.T.T. the expression has some merit.....it reflects the correct technique (mechanics) for your personal body dimensions. Whatever the case.....look at the plane on your set (9 o'clock) and you will notice that the butt end line extension is still outside the ball....so it's still too flat.....some more work to do!!!

The23rdman

Challenge Tour Pro
www.soulfulphotograpy.co.uk
Dave, you're correct, but if you saw a video of my swing a month or two ago you'd be amazed at the difference. When I was playing badly the club could easily get to be almost flat at 9 o'clock!

Nifty gadget, by the way.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm pleased for you...we are in the same boat mate.

I'd like to buy an Explanar.....if I find a lump sum somewhere! Imagine the consistency of a perfect one plane up n down swing.....

Still not going to stop fats and thins or not squaring the face!!

Lloydy84

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Beware of the Explanar! my club has one, my teaching pro said to me, (and i could back this up with video footage of pro's swings) that the backswing should go on a relatively steep route back, before "re routing" and coming in on a shallow, more inside angle of attack. This means the explanar would just cause hinderance to you. Just watch tigers swing down the line, watch the angle of the club at vertical on the backswing, then again on the downswing, you will see what i mean... or have i confused everyone?

B

birdieman

Not confused Lloydy I know what you mean - if you are swinging like a girl you might keep the same plane back and fore but for guys accelerating hard towards impact the club is coming back to the ball closer to the body than when it went back if it's on a nice inside track with the clubhead lagged until very near to strike when the hands should release. An explanar wouldn't allow this.
I have a feeling some will disagree with this! ;)

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I agree also, watch any pro as you will see when they reach the end of their backswing, they drop their hands verticallly sometimes an couple of inche to get a more shallow downswing. If it works for them......

steve

Club Champion
Visit site
hi,i also agree i have had an explanar for 18 months now,it has help me a lot with the takeaway but i fell like i want to drop down on the inside then release and try and draw the ball, which i have been struggling to do.