My improved swing

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So, I love watching other people's golf swings and love all the tips and advice available.

Went to the range tonight and hit a few and filmed it to.. Its a 4 minute vid, start with 7 iron, then driver, then 9 iron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W1vyLKBdvM&feature=youtu.be

Love to hear your thoughts, currently off 22, dammit!

ps. don't click the Kareoke link that appears (not my best moment)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
There were a couple of nice swings at the end when you got your shoulders to line up with your feet.... at all other times they were a chunk open, and your takeaway is very outside which doesn't help. Lovely tempo...off 21h/cap remind me to steer clear of you at forum meets! :)

tommyangles

Club Champion
Visit site
Looks good to me but I'm v.new, it looks like your back swing is very high compared to mine but nice consistentcy, whats the ping club in you bag ?

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry, just saw it in your club list. Do you rate the G15?

I think its a great club, I never carried a 3 wood but was struggling off the tee with the driver, so gave it a go and was extremely pleased with the outcome. Didn't try anything else though, but it gives me great control of the tee if its a tight hole.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i'd say back swing is too steep and disconnected, try keeping your left arm pinned to your chest a bit more, maintaining how it is at address

tommyangles

Club Champion
Visit site
Done exactly the same, was struggling in tight fairways with my fade (awful slice!!). Bought a ping g5 3w, has helped my confidence and some how? Improved my driving. Testing the g15 and k15 drivers this weekend.

D_E_A_N

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'm guessing he's choking down on the grip to gain extra control but in turn losing easy yards.

As for the swing as it's been stated the swing plane is very steep it should be alot further back at the top and for the irons I would keep more weight on the front foot especially scoring irons.

Swings looking consistant though which is the main thing!

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My inital reaction was to say give up - but then I noticed I had hit the Karoke by mistake.

I always look at the swing before I read any comments and immediately noticed your hands going on the outside straight away. The cameras position might exagerate this however.

As has been said, work on getting connected. Something under each armpit is a good aid for this (towel drill).
Connection on the through swing will mean your hands finish lower (and more left) which will help reduce the slice.

Nice swing though.

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
Are you taking lessons? You look to have a good bit of potential, If you aren't I would most certainly advise getting some lessons, check out the pro's in your area and see who gets the most praise from other golfers. A good pro will be able to do more for you long term because they will know from watching you swing in person what alterations to make to your swing and in which order to make those changes to build you a better swing.
Once you get a lesson with a pro and stick to and practice what they show you, you will definitely see huge improvements and look forward to getting another lesson.
At least that's how I felt. Been taking lessons over the past year myself and the difference is night and day and my swing had nowhere near as many positives as yours. I used to have more dings than points, now I know how to swing correctly and just need to practice plenty over winter to get the consistency.
Being winter it's the best time to work on things too. That's just my personal opinion though and I know plenty who have never had a single lesson in all their lives.

GeneralStore

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Very nice rythm and tempo...thats the swing, not the kareoke

I am no expert, but the most noticeable thing is how steep you are and looks like you take it away on the outside. Another nice drill for you is put an object to the right of the path to the ball...a basket or a headcover, so that if you do come from the outside you will hit the object

Overall looking good though

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think it looks really good, you must be taking lessons ? My only comment is that your shoulder line is pointing way right so would think you slice and hit a lot of straight left shots. I have the same problem. My pro gave me a tip which was to make sure my feet, knees and shoulders are all in a line with one another address. At first it felt as though my right shoulder was too far back, but it seems to have helped.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Wish I could get my arms up there. Not a bad swing for a 21 hc. Looks a little like your grip is in your hands rather than your fingers but not easy to see. As before it looks like your going back outside the line but its not so easy to see as the frame is cut on the first couple of feet of your backswing. No bad thing if you just hitting a fade...much better than a hook.

For 21 HC I wouldnt muck about too much.....too many things at once and your head will be mince....what is your bad shot?