My first Scotty

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
nice putter a scotty isn't just for xmas, don't think I cud afford one unless my mrs was going to dump me on my anniversary:D
leather grip mmmm love it

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
nice putter a scotty isn't just for xmas, don't think I cud afford one unless my mrs was going to dump me on my anniversary:D
leather grip mmmm love it

Posted further up the thread. If you like the Stitchback grip, cheack out Gripmaster Leather grips on a popular auction site.

Chris1980

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't understand why people refuse to spend money on a putter??

its the most used club in the bag and a good one will last many many years!
but we are happy to spend £300ish on a driver every year or two

bizarre

My thoughts exactly when i bought mine in feb/march although not quite as dear as urs! Its stunning btw!

FaldosJumper

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Of course the putter isn't to everyone's taste and even though I like it there's a couple of things I would maybe have changed but it wouldn't look quite as pretty. It strikes me as an ornament rather than a putter and bearing in mind the cost I wouldn't have bought without trying the actual putter first... I just hope it works for you!

That said lovely looking putter, keep us updated on how you two get along.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site

bizarre
im sure a cheap £20 putter will "last" just as long. The longevity of a putter is surely down to wanting something differ net, or even if you swing has changed that means you require a different style, don't know of anybody wears out a putter ... Even a cheap one.

Drivers are likely to change much quicker, as age and swing chnages your ability swing your current one.

Of course the putter isn't to everyone's taste and even though I like it there's a couple of things I would maybe have changed but it wouldn't look quite as pretty. It strikes me as an ornament rather than a putter and bearing in mind the cost I wouldn't have bought without trying the actual putter first... I just hope it works for you!
I agree with this, no way I can spend that much without having hit the thing first.

BTW, to the OP, can you go through the process that got you to the point of purchasing this? You mentioned a discussion at the start, hopefully that was a technique discussion, rather than just one about the colour of the grip etc ;)

D

deanobillquay

bizarre

Buy and play whatever you want fella, dont listen to the negatives and doomsayers on here :thup:

Nice looking putter. If you love what you're looking down on, you're halfway there - its all about confidence.

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Agree with you 120% on your driver/putter comment mate!! It's the male macho image of smashing one 300 yards once in a blue moon that makes folk spend that kinda money every couple of years on a new driver!!!

Iv never really been a fan of scottys, tbh Iv never even heard of the one you've bought. They just didn't go easy on my eye...... But yours is absolutely gorgeous!! The quality in the head is easy to see even in photos!!! Cracking piece of kit mate!! I'm very jealous!! Did you choose the colour or is that how they are made??

Adi2Dassler

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I love Scottys, especially the limited edition stuff.

I'd maybe suggest that for a relative novice, it's not the right short stick...and I'm make no reference to cash on this.They're tough putters to use, in particular the tour stuff.

you have yourself a lovely putter, a work of art in my opinion, I just reckon it won't do your game any good for a good while.

A

Alex1975

Yep, the additional photos make it look even nicer, that is a proper bit of art.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site

mikee66

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys I just wanted you to know that I've really taken on board everybody's comments/opinions and decided today to also invest in another quite special Scotty to use until such time as I decide if I'm going to use the Buttonback.

Mike

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not a fan of inserts but that is a thing of beauty. I'd probably leave the head cover off so I could just look at it between shots :D

Imagine that sitting in the bag alongside a set of 712MBs :whoo:

Last edited:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thanks guys I just wanted you to know that I've really taken on board everybody's comments/opinions and decided today to also invest in another quite special Scotty to use until such time as I decide if I'm going to use the Buttonback.

Mike

Is your surname Rockerfella :smirk:

mikee66

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Lol I wish. I just like looking at a pristine Buttonback too much I guess.

My new one is nice too but not AS nice if you understand.