My apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

justagolfer

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I had some correspondence with the moderator who had removed the etiquette posting follow ups.
I said that if he could give a reasoned argument for doing so I would issue an apology…While I don‘t agree with his argument. I accept that it is reasoned, balanced, and from his perspective legitimate….So as promised my apology

First a quotation…

“WHAT MAN DOES NOT UNDERSTAND HE FEARS, AND WHAT HE FEARS, HE TENDS TO DISTROY.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I APOLOGIES … … For expressing my point of view.

… For posting an erudite, meaningful, and considered question on a Forum.

… For the ignoramuses who, unable to comprehend the question. Preferred to attack me with personal insults.

… For lowering my standards to the point where I allowed myself to be drawn in by responding.

… To the guys in the team photo who’s build, to my mind suggested they were in a hurry to get to the bar..... Even though many of them took great delight in boasting about the money they had spent there..

… To the social misfits who think that just because you have manners, speak the Queens English, and have egg on your tie you are some sort of pariah.

… For all the socially elite Golf Clubs who don’t want their standards lowered and their course cut to ribbons by the proletariat…No matter how much they spend in the bar.

… For saying good morning in the car park to all those visitors, who totally ignore your welcoming address.

…For the “Golfers” out there. Who, judging by their postings are in need of some form of help.

…For holding open doors to visitors who walk through without as much as a by you leave. ( and never leave a tip )

… For the 5 hr rounds, un-raked bunkers and more divots than the D-Day landing.. which just might be the result of too many visitors.

… The language and posturing of some visitors. When you have occasion to address them about a matter of etiquette or behaviour.

… For Oor Willy…(( I like that, it suits him.. )) He, I assure you is not of my loins., and for his thinking he was being a clever boy by publishing my name. Gilbert Hamblett in case you have forgotten. Most people get to call me Mr Hamblett He does make good use of the word dear.
I believe it’s one of five he has mastered.

… For the people who attack what “THEY “ call snobbery, in a poor attempt to high their own social ineptness.

…. For the lack of members in our bar, it seemed to be an issue with some visitors.. ( Just a thought, could it be the noise levels from visiting parties, does not endear some of the members )..

… For the person who dragged up the old cliché about the gin soaked Colonel with egg on his tie sitting at the end of the bar.. There must be millions out there and yet I have still to see one…must take my Purdy the next time I go to Muirfield.

Well that's it I apologise.

Lets hope the moderator will let everyone read it.

Best regards to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.