Multi Course Membership

Nomad_Golf

Visit site
I just had something pop up on my Instagram feed from a company called Kondor Golf. They are crowdfunding to set up a golf club that allows members to play at a number of courses (primarily in the south east) with no additional green fees.

www.kondorgolf.co.uk

It sounds like a decent concept to me but at present they have no clubs signed up to it. They also reserve the right to remove clubs from their portfolio without any requirement to refund members.

£800 per year (less if you contribute to the funding drive) sounds like a great offer given most clubs’ membership costs in the area but it’s difficult to say until they have some confirmed clubs.

I’ve been considering joining a club but also enjoy playing a range of places. The price is also attractive but I wondered if anyone else had seen this and what the more experienced members of the forum thought of this. I like the idea of it but it does seem a little risky and my gut feel is that it will be difficult to get it off the ground in practice.

Yeah I rang up one of the courses that Kondor said they had and the course hadn't even heard of the company!! What a scam.
I used to be a member of One Golf but customer service was so terrible. Wouldn't help with issues (like sending out membership cards!) and then started screening calls. Only out for your money.

New company called Ready Golf is good. Has 13 clubs so far (most with more than one course at the venue) and they have announced a sale of 15% off if you join Jan-Mar. They say you can join now and choose when your membership is activated so can wait for better weather in the Spring by just paying a refundable deposit to secure place. Love this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mandofred

Visit site
I'm wondering about adding one club...just to split up the playing a couple days a week at each place.

If you add a club....is it usually the full membership price, or is it a bit less?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I'm wondering about adding one club...just to split up the playing a couple days a week at each place.

If you add a club....is it usually the full membership price, or is it a bit less?

Some clubs do reduced rates if it is a second club, or you are over a certain distance. Post covid I will join on the S Wales links courses on the cheap as a 2nd club.

sunshine

Visit site
When the new nomad scheme starts with EG there will be no need for any of these money making companies.

Sorry I completely disagree. EG nomad scheme is just a way of administrating a handicap, nothing to do with green fees, membership etc. If anything, it will drive the popularity of onegolf and other schemes.

sunshine

Visit site
Yeah I rang up one of the courses that Kondor said they had and the course hadn't even heard of the company!! What a scam.
I used to be a member of One Golf but customer service was so terrible. Wouldn't help with issues (like sending out membership cards!) and then started screening calls. Only out for your money.

New company called Ready Golf is good. Has 13 clubs so far (most with more than one course at the venue) and they have announced a sale of 15% off if you join Jan-Mar. They say you can join now and choose when your membership is activated so can wait for better weather in the Spring by just paying a refundable deposit to secure place. Love this.

Good luck with your new venture. You've done well to get Littlestone as your marquee venue.

sunshine

Visit site
Are you saying that you dont pay green fees on these schemes. Are you also getting a WHS handicap.

No you don't pay green fees. These schemes offer annual membership subscriptions to play all the courses on their list.

Playing golf and having a handicap are obviously completely different things.

Nomad_Golf

Visit site
How does this work? I see Burhill on the list, near me. For £720 a year I can have 7 day membership there via this route? It’s a lot more to have membership direct there, so what’s the catch / restriction?
For One Golf you are only allowed to go to places like Burhill once in a month.

Nomad_Golf

Visit site
Playmore Golf looks decent in theory..

Has anyone experience of how it plays out in reality?
Depends how active you are. You pay £350 - £450 for 100 credits at any given course. You're allowed to use 10 - 20 courses at their other venues but you have to choose a home club. Then, depending on the course, a 8am Sat morning tee off 'costs' 20 - 30 credits while a Thurs 6pm tee off 'costs' 2 credits. When you run out of credits you top up your balance with another £350-£450.
Scheme is good if you are a part time golfer and play most of your golf at one or two courses near you.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This isn't much cheaper than the 7 day fees I pay at the members club I'm at, and I can play (under normal conditions) any time of the day, any day of the week without the need to book anything.
Good advertising though for your business though...well done:)