MTFC Empty Seats

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Before the "money" arrived... I knew 3 City Fans. Serious hard core , old school. Last place I worked (in Bristol) there were at least 10. Under 30, never been north of Gloucester in their lives! Talking to one, I mentioned that I once met Dennis Tueart, as he was a mate of my uncle. The guy had no idea who I was talking about.

We live in troubling times! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Is this any different from the Wrexham situation nowadays? How many of the new 'fans' wouldn't be able to pick out where Wrexham is on a map?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Highly amusing thread.

Hala Madrid :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Unfortunately times have changed. When I joined this forum I never thought I would be on a thread talking about City. It’s mint knowing folk get wound up about a football team. Any football team not just City. In the context of, it’s just a football. In a couple of years it could be Newcastle. Hopefully it will anyway.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Unfortunately times have changed. When I joined this forum I never thought I would be on a thread talking about City. It’s mint knowing folk get wound up about a football team. Any football team not just City. In the context of, it’s just a football. In a couple of years it could be Newcastle. Hopefully it will anyway.

Tbf I just don't want to see Grealish with a CL trophy mate :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Newcastle are going to be interesting to watch, Howe's doing a job for now but he will be sacked eventually. Its how they pull in the big names that interests me. Pep wont go there, neither will Klopp or probably Ancelotti, they'll need to get the next best in the world to actually do what you've done (plus the players). The same recycled names are just moving between all the big clubs these days....

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tbf I just don't want to see Grealish with a CL trophy mate :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Newcastle are going to be interesting to watch, Howe's doing a job for now but he will be sacked eventually. Its how they pull in the big names that interests me. Pep wont go there, neither will Klopp or probably Ancelotti, they'll need to get the next best in the world to actually do what you've done (plus the players). The same recycled names are just moving between all the big clubs these days....

Oooh Klopp to the Toon.
You heard it here first guys and gals 🤣

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure I agree with this. Clearly most managers get sacked at some point, very few leave at their own time of choosing, but there is no desire up here to move Howe out, he is doing a tremendous job. He fits with the ethos of the club and the owners, he has improved every player at the club so far. If he continues to build then players will go there, players follow success and money, not always in that order. The same applies to manager so if Newcastle repeat their success of this season and do well in the CL then the big names will suddenly look interested.

Don't forget, Ancelotti went to Everton for a season and we were not in the same shape as Newcastle are now.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Not sure I agree with this. Clearly most managers get sacked at some point, very few leave at their own time of choosing, but there is no desire up here to move Howe out, he is doing a tremendous job. He fits with the ethos of the club and the owners, he has improved every player at the club so far. If he continues to build then players will go there, players follow success and money, not always in that order. The same applies to manager so if Newcastle repeat their success of this season and do well in the CL then the big names will suddenly look interested.

Don't forget, Ancelotti went to Everton for a season and we were not in the same shape as Newcastle are now.

I mean its inevitable. Its football. Ancelotti I said unlikely mainly as he's pretty old now tbf.. (I've just googled and he's actually only 63 so maybe not that old...)

Howe is great for now but fans are a bit blindsided by one good season I think. I'm not saying anyone wants him out, but I don't think he's installing a footballing philosophy that half the footballing world envies like the others mentioned..

CL qualification only ticks a box for so long before they'll be asking for silverware returns.

I do not doubt that Newcastle will get up and remain up there - but they'll kiss a few frogs along the way. Much like City!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I mean its inevitable. Its football. Ancelotti I said unlikely mainly as he's pretty old now tbf.. (I've just googled and he's actually only 63 so maybe not that old...)

Howe is great for now but fans are a bit blindsided by one good season I think. I'm not saying anyone wants him out, but I don't think he's installing a footballing philosophy that half the footballing world envies like the others mentioned..

CL qualification only ticks a box for so long before they'll be asking for silverware returns.

I do not doubt that Newcastle will get up and remain up there - but they'll kiss a few frogs along the way. Much like City!
Carlo had a tough paper round :LOL: . Have to say, I thought he was older than that as well.

This year they were in a cup final and could end up somewhere between 3rd and 5th in the league. He has punched well above his weight, done so playing attractive football as well. This summer will be interesting, what quality gets added to improve the depth? This will tell us a great deal.

Kissing frogs, the fans will kiss anything, I've seen them :oops:o_O:ROFLMAO:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Carlo had a tough paper round :LOL: . Have to say, I thought he was older than that as well.

This year they were in a cup final and could end up somewhere between 3rd and 5th in the league. He has punched well above his weight, done so playing attractive football as well. This summer will be interesting, what quality gets added to improve the depth? This will tell us a great deal.

Kissing frogs, the fans will kiss anything, I've seen them :oops:o_O:ROFLMAO:

Honestly thought he was 10 years older than that :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Their transfer moves need to be bold but not displace what he has going already. They're entering a totally different market to what they ever have before this year.

One bad egg can sour a lot at a club!

Tashyboy

Visit site
There’s a danger/ possibility of this thread being merged with the footie thread as we have now gone from empty seats at City to Newcastle. ( I prefer this thread anyway) 😉
But, Newcastle within a year of take over are very much in the driving seat for a champs league place. A lot sooner than City were. That said, we always seem to wax lyrical about the Nagelsmans and the Tuchels and am sure there’s a few others. But we tend to overlook Howe, Potter ( I rate him even though he had a crap time at Chelsea, ) Kompany he has cut his teeth over here. At the moment I know this thread started re City, but at the moment if I was a City, Utd, Newcastle, Arsenal, Villa, Brighton, Brentford and Fulham fan. I would be very happy with how this season has panned out. Empty seats or not 😁

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Newcastle are going to be interesting to watch, Howe's doing a job for now but he will be sacked eventually. It’s how they pull in the big names that interests me. Pep wont go there, neither will Klopp or probably Ancelotti, they'll need to get the next best in the world to actually do what you've done (plus the players). The same recycled names are just moving between all the big clubs these days....

Why can’t Howe be the next Pep/Kloop/Ancelotti/Ferguson, and stay there for 10-15 years? Just because he might be missing some European experience now doesn’t mean he won’t get that and grow with it.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I can understand why a Villa fan does not want an ex Villa player lifting The CL Trpphy.

My question is this: In general do Liverpool and Man U fans want City to win The CL Or would they prefer them to win tonight an Inter win The Final?

Sure there are many haters of City on here with potential ban looming and the money sloshing around.

Personally I hope they pull it off, like Pep and their style of football.

Thoughts please, especially LP, Billy Boots Swango oh an Tashy!

Last edited:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sad it’s come to pass for me to rather see an English team beaten in Europe so I hope Man City loose just for the reason where their money comes from.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I wonder how many people quietly have City as their second team or maybe the team they want to win against Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea etc.
There’s no denying the brand of football they play is amazing to watch at times.
As a Spurs fan, I have been a Man City fan most of the season! 🤣🤣🤣

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Why can’t Howe be the next Pep/Kloop/Ancelotti/Ferguson, and stay there for 10-15 years? Just because he might be missing some European experience now doesn’t mean he won’t get that and grow with it.

He could absolutely. But managers don’t last long in football these days and the owners have the money to pull the trigger whenever they see fit.

That’s the sad state of football in 2023 and not a reflection on Howe entirely. Although I do think he’s overachieved with these players

Tashyboy

Visit site
I can understand why a Villa fan does not want an ex Villa player lifting The CL Trpphy.

My question is this: In general do Liverpool and Man U fans want City to win The CL Or would they prefer them to win tonight an Inter win The Final?

Sure there are many haters of City on here with potential ban looming and the money sloshing around.

Personally I hope they pull it off, like Pep and their style of football.

Thoughts please, especially LP, Billy Boots Swango oh an Tashy!
Me best pal in Italy is an Inter Milan fan, years ago we talked of the dream of City playing Inter. It looked exactly that, a dream. Hope we win tonight just to fulfil that dream. Personally it don’t bother me that other fans don’t want City to win. Believe it or not, when Utd or Liverpool won the European cup, I never started sing Country rd take me home or You’ll never walk alone. If other Utd fans or Liverpool fans want to sing Blue Moon, send me a pm and al send the words to Blue Moon over 😁👍

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I said this last time city were in a CL semi - honestly not a dig (for a change), but it looked like rent-a-crowd.

I'm sure that anyone would point out that Anfield and OT is a mecca for tourist fans from all over the world, but again at city tonight there just seems an inordinate amount of oriental and Arabic fans there. They look like a scarf has been "draped" over them, like when you go in a corporate section, not "worn" the way proper fans would. These werent the fans who were at Gillingham 12-15 years ago and more, and I know sucess attracts a new fan base, but this seems something more than that.

Spurs have a very large Korean support by the looks of it in the stadium nowadays, and yes fans from all over the world in the prem, but is City's "semi" support more than that?

Not many on here, but genuinely interested in if city's old term support hate it/embrace it or suspect anything?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Mods, please could you merge this thread with the footie thread. What started as a drunken rant has now morphed into the same old stuff that we see on the footie thread so makes sense to close this one and add it to the main footie one.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I said this last time city were in a CL semi - honestly not a dig (for a change), but it looked like rent-a-crowd.

I'm sure that anyone would point out that Anfield and OT is a mecca for tourist fans from all over the world, but again at city tonight there just seems an inordinate amount of oriental and Arabic fans there. They look like a scarf has been "draped" over them, like when you go in a corporate section, not "worn" the way proper fans would. These werent the fans who were at Gillingham 12-15 years ago and more, and I know sucess attracts a new fan base, but this seems something more than that.

Spurs have a very large Korean support by the looks of it in the stadium nowadays, and yes fans from all over the world in the prem, but is City's "semi" support more than that?

Not many on here, but genuinely interested in if city's old term support hate it/embrace it or suspect anything?
Not really noticed it when looking into the crowd tbh 🤷‍♂️.
Britain is pretty multi racial now so probably not comparable to years ago.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

Finest display of sour grapes I have seen for a long time.