Moving Path

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

Watched this video and was surprised by the massive difference in path for a couple of balls distance difference.(for people who don't wish to watch the video, to summarise, middle and back in stance for him meant a fairly neutral in to out swing of 1-2 degrees, two balls forward of middle meant around 9-10 degrees out to in:eek:)

Thought it maybe of interest to some on here and first time I have seen actual path readings given to such a test.

Have kind of noticed when playing that if the ball moves forward in stance, I end up with massive pulls/pull hooks or massive slices, but if middle fairly neutral flights. Now wonder if it is due to the above path moving a lot, think I will measure it when I next use the launch monitor to see.

Anyone tried a similar test as what the youtuber tried and what results did you find out, even if only out on the course and messing with ball positiion ? Does moving the ball position have large effects on your shot patterns ?

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
It is something that I knew about, an old Crossfield video enlightened me massively and basically talked about the arc of your swing path and that was a great visual aid for me.

For me, I have to play my driver about a ball and a half forward of centre otherwise I'm in sliceville.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to have the ball slightly forward in my stance for the 5 & 6 irons, just because I remembered hearing that you're supposed to really. Couldn't hit them at all. Often thinned and or hooked on occasion. Eventually I thought 'why am I do something different for a 6 iron than I do with my 7 iron, which I hit well?? I went to just having ball in the middle of the stance for the 6 iron and started hitting well much more often after that.

Same went for hybrids. Used to have it forward in stance as I thought you were supposed to, couldn't hit one. Moved it back to the middle (or maybe an inch forward of middle but near enough) and hit them much better, simple as that. I decided ball position was a myth after that - why add another variable to the situation?? I hit driver with the ball right over at my left foot obviously, but everything else is just near enough in the middle of stance now. Much happier that way and not having to think about it.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
You can't deal with things in isolation.....forward in stance relative to feet isn't forward if the sternum is even further ahead at address!