Most expensive Club membership and joining fees

TheCaddie

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Two questions. What is the highest membership fee you have heard of in the UK, and what is the most expensive joining fee in the UK?

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I expect the Renaissance club to be pretty eye watering!!!

Archerfield on the same site is pretty high end membership wise but Renaissance is ultra exclusive.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Compared to the rest of the UK its won't be much but the Carnegie Club at Skibo Castle is 10k per year membership, not sure what a joining fee is though.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Are some of these enormous numbers being talked about as 'joining fees' actually debentures which retain a value, if you leave?

Purely an academic question for me I can assure you.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are some of these enormous numbers being talked about as 'joining fees' actually debentures which retain a value, if you leave?

It's a debenture scheme at Archerfield.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

one of my playing partners Business partner had one and had to find someone else to buy it when he wanted to leave.

Paul_Stewart

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Wisley used to have a £100k debenture on joining i believe but i am not sure of the state of play there now

When I was at Pyrford, we played them in a Surrey Fives match. The quote of the day was "the difference between our two clubs is about 400 yards and £40,000". We stuffed them 5-0 and sent them back to their posh place. Didn't ask them for a return game.