Most difficult course you have played?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Aberdovey and Gullane No2 were very tough on the days i played them - really strong winds.

Closer to home - Bondhay is always difficult due to its length and narrowness of tree lined fairways. Hallamshire is also tough, particularly the back 9, and due to its exposed location is often wind affected.

Last time I was at Gullane 2 it was howling, it's actually a course I just don't get. Don't understand the love for it at all.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Royal Cinque Ports a few hours before the 'Beast from the East' arrived with a vengeance - worst conditions I've ever played in!! Never been so happy walking off an 18th green! ??

To be fair RCP always beats me up a bit, even when the conditions are good. Tough run in from the 12th.
Didn’t we eat up those par 6’s and 7’s on the back nine ?:)

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Southerness for me.
Played it a couple of times and found it very easy to make bogey or worse on most holes,Par had to be earnt.
Nice course though, well worth the effort getting there.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'd love another crack at southerness. The one thing that really sticks out in my mind was wondering where the hell I was going as we ventured out playing the first and second. Fields left and right and not being able to see any other holes was very disorienting. Very unusual.

It was cold and windy that day. Think we had a closest to the pin comp that turned into a farce. Haha

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We should amend this thread to toughest course not played in a howling gale, pouring rain etc. Where isn't tough in a howling gale?

Toss up for me would be Pannal and Ramside Hall, Cathedral course. Pannal is by far the better course so that wins the actual prize. Both played in neutral weather conditions, for the record ?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
We should amend this thread to toughest course not played in a howling gale, pouring rain etc. Where isn't tough in a howling gale?

Toss up for me would be Pannal and Ramside Hall, Cathedral course. Pannal is by far the better course so that wins the actual prize. Both played in neutral weather conditions, for the record ?

I'd still go with Woodhall Spa. It took me several visits before I 'got' how to play it.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Are you sure the gallons of beer the night before have nothing to do with it

Are you suggesting that Pieman, a pillar of the forums golf community, a gentleman and scholar, playing off a single figure handicap and a servant of the Crown would imbibe copious amounts of alcohol on a forum golf trip enough to affect his ability to perform on the golf course ?

............ yep, I've seen and played with him too - spot on Dando ??