Most difficult course you have played?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
If your struggling that could be any golf course though.
I feel your pain ,I have had days like that where I should have gone home after 9 holes if not before.
thats the only place ive been like that every time i've played it.... when we go there now i play the wee course and stay out of sight of the Rosemount:ROFLMAO:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I think that it depends how well you feel you are playing as, for me, all courses can be difficult if your golf is off, but, Royal Cinque Ports has been really tough for me, especially the back 9

Visit site
Royal Lytham in July dry, hard and fast, pro said this would be as close to Open set up as you can get.
Faldo course at Belek is tough and West Lancs another

dronfield

Visit site
Aberdovey and Gullane No2 were very tough on the days i played them - really strong winds.

Closer to home - Bondhay is always difficult due to its length and narrowness of tree lined fairways. Hallamshire is also tough, particularly the back 9, and due to its exposed location is often wind affected.

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
Southerness for me too. I don’t actually think I’ve enjoyed a round there. Hitting a driver and worrying the balls is coming back to hit you is never fun

D

Deleted member 1418

Royal Cinque Ports a few hours before the 'Beast from the East' arrived with a vengeance - worst conditions I've ever played in!! Never been so happy walking off an 18th green! ??

To be fair RCP always beats me up a bit, even when the conditions are good. Tough run in from the 12th.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Royal Cinque Ports a few hours before the 'Beast from the East' arrived with a vengeance - worst conditions I've ever played in!! Never been so happy walking off an 18th green! ??

To be fair RCP always beats me up a bit, even when the conditions are good. Tough run in from the 12th.

Are you sure the gallons of beer the night before have nothing to do with it

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Burnham and Berrow when the wind is blowing and there are not many days when it is not.

I did once manage a 6 over gross, the only time I played to my handicap.
This would be mine too. That course off the championship tees with a strong wind is a mighty test of golf.