More than a Random Irritation_Online Golf Vids

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Was just going to post in the OOB thread but this really gets my goat (and this is typical of so many internet golf videos)

This is a 10½ minute golf tuition video that we wont see the pro actually take a swing or hit a ball for 9:20 seconds. What's that all about!

What makes it more frustrating is the guy sets up to hit it about a dozen times

Just introduce yourself, show us what the correct result is (to give us context and set up the lesson) then show it in slo-mo then tell us how to achieve it (referring back to stills or slo-mo of the original shot as required)

Aaarrgghhh

:sbox:
And breathe

Who knows of any better/worse examples?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Videos have to be over 10 minutes to secure better ad revenue. That's why you'll see a lot of people having ludicrously long outros to squeeze their video out to 10 minutes.

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I agree with all the above, my interest span is decreasingly short on these. Shawn Clement and Paul Wilson of swing machine golf are some of the most long winded ones I try and avoid.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Thought I was the only one to hate these videos but it seems that I'm not on my own here. I'm usually watching them with the sound turned off while the wife watches all her soaps so if nothing is happening in the first minute or so it's on to the next one.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I know what you mean OP, it grinds my gears too. Only made it 2 mins through that video as it was winding me up :(