More Swing vids!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
A little Friday PM bored, so uploaded my last range session.

Comments and advice always welcomed!! Down the line video here, Face on in next reply..

[video=youtube_share;AJQpr_huD4M]http://youtu.be/AJQpr_huD4M[/video]

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
On the face on, freeze it at address and take notice of the angle of a line drawn from your belt buckle to your chin, then look at the same line again at the top of your backswing.

They should be very similar. I'm guessing it's a reason your hands get so high at the top of your swing.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
On the face on, freeze it at address and take notice of the angle of a line drawn from your belt buckle to your chin, then look at the same line again at the top of your backswing.

They should be very similar. I'm guessing it's a reason your hands get so high at the top of your swing.

I have just done that within the app and there is virtually no change?? Is that the issue?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok i see, is that excess hips? Been working on keeping weight more on the left side, had been playing too much off the back foot from my cricket days.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
would say it's hip related but from the limited hip movement in the backswing.

if you look at the dtl slow mo there appears to be very little hip turn 'into' the right hip socket which is tending to encourage the hands/arms & club work out little ways from start. the little ways lack of hip turn is then encouraging the spine tilt towards target going up to the top - as Region3 shows.

this encourages too a little ways further lift up of the arms at the end of the backswing, which then leads to the hips moving towards the target line with the posture straightening up. you'll see in the dtl how the butt moves away from a vertical line so the body straightens up.

get a driver or 3metal hold it across the top of your chest arms crossed, handle starting at left armpit get into address posture & turn down to ball so the club head points at the ball, you have to stay in posture with pelvic angle retained in order to achieve this - will feel far more bent over than you are used to.

if you look carefully at the points in this vid should help you some too.

[video=youtube_share;VKcFDfJTuhY]http://youtu.be/VKcFDfJTuhY[/video]

if you able too would get your grip checked over. difficult to see clearly but maybes the left is a little ways over strong, not sure what's happening with the right, but right thumb would appear to indicate maybes something a little funky going on there perhaps.

Last edited:

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
would say it's hip related but from the limited hip movement in the backswing.

if you look at the dtl slow mo there's very little hip turn 'into' the right hip socket which is tending to encourage the hands/arms & club work out little ways from start. the little ways lack of hip turn is then encouraging the spine tilt towards target going up to the top - as Region3 shows.

this encourages too a little ways further lift up of the arms at the end of the backswing, which then leads to the hips moving towards the target line with the posture straightening up. you'll see in the dtl how the butt moves away from a vertical line so the body straightens up.

get a driver or 3metal hold it across the top of your chest arms crossed, handle starting at left armpit get into address posture & turn down to ball so the club head points at the ball, you have to stay in posture with pelvic angle retained in order to achieve this - will feel far more bent over than you are used to.

if you look carefully at the points in this vid should help you some too.

[video=youtube_share;VKcFDfJTuhY]http://youtu.be/VKcFDfJTuhY[/video]

Took the words out of my mouth. :D

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Apologies for the 'beep' it was early.

I only asked about the head still as you seem to me to be almost over doing it.
Your middle cant go forward as your head is keeping it back.
If you look at the lines Gary drew and add the impact pic below, you will see the weight almost going back

I'd like to see a bit more 'head over the ball' at impact and turning forward as opposed to the head back and standing up.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Apologies for the 'beep' it was early.

I only asked about the head still as you seem to me to be almost over doing it.
Your middle cant go forward as your head is keeping it back.
If you look at the lines Gary drew and add the impact pic below, you will see the weight almost going back

I'd like to see a bit more 'head over the ball' at impact and turning forward as opposed to the head back and standing up.

You should have seen it before Bob! Your last point is what my pro has me working on, I had far too much weight on the back foot, everything was behind the ball. It has come on a long way but still work to be done!

Always great to get other opinions and yours, the coach, region3 are all spot on. Thanks chaps! Will update with a new vid in the coming weeks and have a compare!

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
As been said before, very little hip rotation and an element of sway also.

It might help to know that the shoulders ought to rotate 90 degrees in the backswing and the hips around 45 degrees. A pro told me to imagine eyes on my back so that when you complete your turn those eyes should be looking down the fairway. if you did that I'm sure the hips have to also rotate the right amount.