More surgery for Tiger

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure how long the love in can continue when he is over par every round and missing cuts
Rory has been 'the best golfer on his day' for the last 10 years according to most at Sky so I suspect the love in can last for a good while yet still. Objectivity does not seem to be their strong point.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Rory has been 'the best golfer on his day' for the last 10 years according to most at Sky so I suspect the love in can last for a good while yet still. Objectivity does not seem to be their strong point.
Certainly according to some on here. Shame he can't string four rounds together when it matters especially in majors. Without Woods they need someone to latch onto and for UK viewers and Sky it will always be about McIlroy.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Woods is having the surgery to alleviate pain which presumably affects much of the rest of his life. If it improves his golf so much the better but if it alleviates his pain the surgery will be a success.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Woods is having the surgery to alleviate pain which presumably affects much of the rest of his life. If it improves his golf so much the better but if it alleviates his pain the surgery will be a success.
👍 This, although I had to stifle a smile when I noticed the comment was from a forummer with the name Backache 😳

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I agree, he's never going to get to 19 majors so he must make sure he's fit and healthy enough to enjoy his $1.3bn.

sunshine

Visit site
Not according to every tv commentator or himself :rolleyes: . To the rest of us, of course. Is a commentator saying that Tiger isn't competitive a sackable offence? A bit like calling the spectators at Augusta 'spectators'?

Tiger is still box office.

He hasn’t been competitive since the car crash. But everyone wrote him off before, and he came back and won his 15th major.

evemccc

Visit site
Tiger is still box office.

He hasn’t been competitive since the car crash. But everyone wrote him off before, and he came back and won his 15th major.

Not to me he isn’t ’box office’…

What makes him box office?

I’d want to watch either a charming & engaging personality, and/or Scheffler-level golf ability. Tiger at the back end of 2024 is neither of those. Despite what Sky and the rest of golf media says

D-S

Visit site
Not to me he isn’t ’box office’…

What makes him box office?

I’d want to watch either a charming & engaging personality, and/or Scheffler-level golf ability. Tiger at the back end of 2024 is neither of those. Despite what Sky and the rest of golf media says
I personally don’t care either way but I would guess that the definition of box office in this scenario is if his presence increases, decreases or has no effect on the numbers of people watching a tournament.
Without the facts to hand, I would presume that he significantly increases viewers so he is therefore ‘box office’, a single person’s opinion of whether he is box office or not is irrelevant.