Maybole Golf Course (South Ayrshire) closes

HPIMG

Visit site
I liked maybole I have the membership for there, it always gets slagged off but I always enjoyed it. I would sometimes stop off after playing girvan

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Course is open, just the club that has shut down due to lack of members.
Course is due a bit of a change soon with a cycle track around the perimeter and a cycle hub installed in the old swimming pool when it closes and the new pool opens in the adjacent Carrick Campus.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bit of a bump but I missed this the first time, just caught it now during a search.

My wife has family in Maybole, a year ago we were up there and we went to play at Maybole golf course. The clubhouse was completely locked up even then and looked as if it had been for a while. There was nobody to pay so we just played it for free. We're going up again in two weeks, although we're probably more likely to play at Girvan I would think (played there last time as well). Unless anyone has any other cheap and not too taxing suggestions.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
@Orikoru I'm not suggesting you play there, but if you are in Maybole then make the very short trip to Turnberry. Have a drink in the clubhouse, wander around the shop, look at some of course. It's a fabulous set up, very friendly. Now your wife is into golf she might enjoy seeing it as well.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
@Orikoru I'm not suggesting you play there, but if you are in Maybole then make the very short trip to Turnberry. Have a drink in the clubhouse, wander around the shop, look at some of course. It's a fabulous set up, very friendly. Now your wife is into golf she might enjoy seeing it as well.
We did that last year. I ate a 24 quid club sandwich if I recall correctly. 😄 Bought a towel and a scorecard holder in the pro shop, was all I could afford.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bit of a bump but I missed this the first time, just caught it now during a search.

My wife has family in Maybole, a year ago we were up there and we went to play at Maybole golf course. The clubhouse was completely locked up even then and looked as if it had been for a while. There was nobody to pay so we just played it for free. We're going up again in two weeks, although we're probably more likely to play at Girvan I would think (played there last time as well). Unless anyone has any other cheap and not too taxing suggestions.
You're spoilt for choice, lots of great reasonably priced courses within a half hour's drive north towards Ayr and Troon (y)