Tiger and Nike part company

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Has he copied Rick Shiels and moved to Lyle & Scott? 😁

Edit: are Nike pulling out altogether like they did with clubs?? They already lost Day this month as well.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Makes you wonder. I don’t really see many golfers in Nike clothing these days, shoes aside obviously. UA etc seem to have taken the lions share of customers.
Yeah.. when they stopped making clubs I think they basically said they're not interested in any market that they can't dominate or be a market leader in. I agree with you, I wouldn't say they dominate the golf clothing market at all, except for shoes as their shoes are extremely popular. So perhaps they'll pull the clothes and just keep the shoes? Who knows. But I mean, they're not going to stop making polo shirts and quarter zips are they? Because they can be worn for anything. So maybe they've just decided to stop wasting money sponsoring tour pros if it doesn't result in anyone buying their clothes.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Do they own the TW branding, logo, etc. or will all that follow Tiger to his next sponsor?

You have to assume the TW brand is tigers although I’m sure I’ve seen other players wear it. If they do own it then it become ms worthless anyway as it’s value remains with the player and not the brand IMO.

No idea, but the rumours are reported in the Times.

It’ll be interesting to see how that pans out.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
From their golf offerings, Nike only make money from golf shoes. Which is mostly the Jordan brand.

Apparently Srixon will be taking over Nike apparel.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seems a sensible move from Nike irrespective of their future plans.

Does not matter what label TW wears going forward, he will always be associated with Nike. Does anyone really associate Tiger with Taylormade. If they continue to make shoes, their Jordan name probably resonates more with their target market anyway.

Add to that the fact that Tiger will be expensive but has not been on our screens anywhere near as much for the last few years and it seems that Nike have got as much out of the deal as they can now