More course time needed but her indoors just isnt playing ball.... HELP!!!

S

Snelly

Far be it from me to comment on this specific relationship as that would not be right. However in general terms, I think one round a weekend is reasonable and playing both days probably isn't.

Snelly.

Jonny

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Answer is simple. Two bungee cords, a ball gag, and a blindfold. She'll think she's onto a winner... you leave her there until the round is done.

Downsides... you really need to have no conscience at all for this to work. And b... you might have to make up for it later.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I guess I'm very lucky. I've never been told I'm not doing something I want to, and she can do what she wants when she wants to as well.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can't believe no one has proffered the obvious. About 1/2 hour before you're due to play say to your loving girlfriend "Golf course or intercourse?". You'll be there in time for teeing off.

This would certainly work with my missus. It might fail, but in a good way, with the desperate housewife 2 doors down the road. Hmmm, now you've got me thinking.....

surefire

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Completely off the wall suggestion, but have you considered discussing it with her, rather than a load of blokes on a golf forum?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm lucky and HID never puts any barriers up to me playin or practicing as much as I want. Mind you after 19 years together I think she's just given up the ghost. Personally I'd try and have an adult conversation with Mrs oddsocks and explain how you feel, that seeing your mate and the medal are important to you and that Winter will involve a lot less golf anyway and that this time you are going to do what you want to. She might get uppity but in the end she'll get over it. That or you're come back to packed cases and the locks changed.

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you bin the second game on her say-so, you'll be in such a foul mood on Sunday you'll end up having a row any way.

Can you think of something for the afternoon on Sunday after golf... afternoon tea, pub lunch, whatever. If you map out the day with somethign nice that involves her, I can't see how she'd object. unless she has specific plans that your golf will disrupt, then this IS a control issue and you just have to tough it out.

My Mrs would never dream of stopping me doing something I love (within reason), and vice versa... basis of an equal relationship if you ask me.

GeneralStore

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Communication is the essence of a long lasting relationship, if you arent getting what you want and she isnt getting what she wants, which is it what it sounds like, you arent going to last.

So if you really care about her, you will sit down with her and discuss fully how you see it, ask her how she sees it and then try and come to some mutual agreement where you both get what you need. If she doesnt want to be in a relationship with a guy who plays golf x times a week, then its a clear decision point and you or she can move onto someone that is more suitable and that would be a positive thing.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
i encourage my wife to have a night out with her mates. After that she is all too happy for me to go out and leave her in bed to nurse her hangover.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
same boat for me this weekend OS, gf has asked me not to play as I play every weekend and now and again I should spend more time with her... gutted

I have relented as I know I have a lot of rounds planned in the next few weeks and a few away days next year.

Mind you I dont live with her and only see her at weekends so I can understand her drift when I stay over Sat night and sod off at 8 in the morning every week :D