Mizuno MP25 to Ping or Titleist

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi guys just after people’s opinions who play or have tried the new Ping or Titleist Irons. I currently play Mizuno Mp25 which I like but I’m not a long hitter and feel I could maybe do with a little more distance. I don’t really want to loose the nice looks of the Mizuno so was thinking Ping G400, i500, i210 or maybe the AP range from Titleist although concerns with the AP2 just like my MP25 and the AP1 and AP3 big gap between PW and my GW. Only changing from Mizuno as I have money in my shop account and the shop don’t stock Mizuno. So thoughts from anyone who plays or has tried these clubs or that have swapped from Mizuno to them. I play off 14 pretty decent ball striker hit 7 iron about 150yds.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don’t do it. Keep the mizzies. You don’t need anymore iron distance with a 150 yard 7 iron IMO.
The only titleist I would buy are the mbs or cbs, and then you’ll wish you kept the mizunos.

I went from a cranked TM club to some MP64s earlier this year. Wish I’d done it sooner. I lost no noticeable distance

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
I do like my Mizuno’s if im honest, don’t think they feel as soft as my mx200 I had though and that has always been in the back of my head. I suppose they can’t be that bad come down from 19 to 14 in 18 months using them and won the presidents trophy at my new club.
Think I just like shiny new things lol

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
I have the AP3, in my view good on the eye and give me the little extra distance I was thinking of, the way I made my mind up was after a fitting the pro shop let me have the a demo 7i close to my spec that I put in my bag for a few weeks and used on the course, never looked back.

I agree the PW is bit strong, so I have a 46, 50 and 54 wedge

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the AP3, in my view good on the eye and give me the little extra distance I was thinking of, the way I made my mind up was after a fitting the pro shop let me have the a demo 7i close to my spec that I put in my bag for a few weeks and used on the course, never looked back.

I agree the PW is bit strong, so I have a 46, 50 and 54 wedge

What did you have prior to that and what was the noticable difference?

I bought my mizzys off ebay upgrading from Ping G15s. Every now and then I'm tempted, more so by newer Mizunos than anything else if I'm honest and just because I was never custom fit for them. They look and feel great, could I expect better performance with something else? Maybe. At the moment they're not where my game is weak.

D

Deleted member 15344

Blimey didn’t realise the forum had vultures

Anyway - if you want to gain a little bit with your irons and want new shiney ones how about part Ex for the new JPX - you will still get a lovely feel , gain a bit more distance plus forgiveness plus they look very nice

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
I originally came from some TM Tour Preferred CBs, I dabbled with a set of borrowed 716 AP1 as I was suckered by the extra distance, but gave up on them because I did not like the feel or the looks, they have quite a wide sole and with my relatively steep AoA I struggled, as I do with Ping irons (Another reason I put the demo in my bag as this never was an issue during the fitting of the AP1)

Feel is very subjective, I tried Mizuno JPX 900 Forged and Hot Metal when I was looking for a replacement for the AP1s, the Hot Metal did not suit my eye, the Forged looked nice and felt nice, but I just liked the look and the ball flight of the AP3s better, but the Forged did feel nice when well struck, but to me the AP3 was more forgiving. Distance wise very little difference between the Forged and AP3, so maybe give these a hit

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site

Anyway - if you want to gain a little bit with your irons and want new shiney ones how about part Ex for the new JPX - you will still get a lovely feel , gain a bit more distance plus forgiveness plus they look very nice

I have thought about that but my pro shop doesn’t stock Mizuno and I have a decent amount of money in my account.

D

Deleted member 15344

I have thought about that but my pro shop doesn’t stock Mizuno and I have a decent amount of money in my account.
Then save that for a trolley or shoes etc - don’t compromise based on what your Pro Shop stocks - where abouts are you based ? Despite what some say there are some very good AG fitters out there and even a Mizuno certified one - if not then look at some independent fitters who will be able to offer more. Or your pro can surely order any irons with the same set up as your current set.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

can't help yourself can you, but would be the first one crying your eyes out when its done to you.. why not get over to the arrange a game tread and post all your recent scores where you have gone up 0.1:poop:

D

Deleted member 15344

can't help yourself can you, but would be the first one crying your eyes out when its done to you.. why not get over to the arrange a game tread and post all your recent scores where you have gone up 0.1:poop:

The guys irons weren’t even up for sale and there you were getting the info and asking for a price - he was asking for advice not for some guy to buy his irons

And going on about my golf scores again ?! Blimey you are obsessed aren’t you.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Then save that for a trolley or shoes etc - don’t compromise based on what your Pro Shop stocks - where abouts are you based ? Despite what some say there are some very good AG fitters out there and even a Mizuno certified one - if not then look at some independent fitters who will be able to offer more. Or your pro can surely order any irons with the same set up as your current set.

Getting back on track...

Where is the Mizzy AG you refer to - its not Lincoln is it?