Mizuno MP25 to Ping or Titleist

Philbleasy

Club Champion
Visit site
Then save that for a trolley or shoes etc - don’t compromise based on what your Pro Shop stocks - where abouts are you based ? Despite what some say there are some very good AG fitters out there and even a Mizuno certified one - if not then look at some independent fitters who will be able to offer more. Or your pro can surely order any irons with the same set up as your current set.
Don’t need anything really. I’m in North West i would go to Michael Newton at Lytham Golf Academy if I wasn’t going to my pro shop as he has a great reputation and they stock just about every make.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The guys irons weren’t even up for sale and there you were getting the info and asking for a price - he was asking for advice not for some guy to buy his irons

And going on about my golf scores again ?! Blimey you are obsessed aren’t you.[/QUOTE

and he replied if he wasn't interested i he could have just ignored. just like you should have... troll

D

Deleted member 15344

Getting back on track...

Where is the Mizzy AG you refer to - its not Lincoln is it?

I’m afraid not - the one I know is at Biggleswade on the A1 - got a full DNA centre there , really good set up

D

Deleted member 15344

Don’t need anything really. I’m in North West i would go to Michael Newton at Lytham Golf Academy if I wasn’t going to my pro shop as he has a great reputation and they stock just about every make.

My last fitting was with an independent and I was there for about 2 hours trying all sorts and that way you get a really good idea of the comparison between the iron sets - speak to him about maybe an initial fit to see what suits and I’m sure he will be helpful 👍

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m afraid not - the one I know is at Biggleswade on the A1 - got a full DNA centre there , really good set up

Thanks chap, on the Mizuno site it says AG Lincoln (the Valentine Centre one) has a swing DNA fitting centre. Only thing is I don't like indoor hitting into a screen at all, would much prefer on a range where I can see the ball go!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
As per the original post... I am really pleased with my new i210s. I was looking at Mizunos too, but stayed Ping. Old irons were i25s. They were working ok, but I am in a good freelance gig at the mo so I thought i deserved a present!! That said, in the fitting, I tried a slightly lighter shaft and I am getting the benefit of it.

And if anyone asks.. the 6 and ther 9 iron in the i25 set were flaking badly from stone damage so are currently up in Gainsborough geting re-somethinged! When they are back next week they might go on sale - or they might go to Portugal with me to protect the new one from the vagaries of the Faro Baggage Handlers! :eek:

D

Deleted member 15344

Thanks chap, on the Mizuno site it says AG Lincoln (the Valentine Centre one) has a swing DNA fitting centre. Only thing is I don't like indoor hitting into a screen at all, would much prefer on a range where I can see the ball go!

Yeah the Biggleswade one is into a range - really good set up over there , I think AG have improved massively over the years in regards fitting

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
AP3’s then get the 48 deg gap wedge as well.
Takes some getting used to with the lofts, but I really like mine...