Mizuno 919 tour & MP-18

Dannyc

Visit site
I held both clubs together more than once As I was aware that the top line ain’t the smallest out there
To the eye the difference is minimal
The Mmc and the fli hi have got to be considered down the bottom end

Dannyc

Visit site
They are beauties aren’t they! I’m just not sure my game is good enough for them when players like Koepka are gaming the tours....

They are absolutely gorgeous to look at
Not good though when u see them getting your work boots out going work 🙈

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
About 90 mins on the range, strong wind gusting off the left pushing the ball around. Warmed up with a TP9 7i. Soon hitting them well so moved on to a TP9 4i (5i in today’s lofts at 25*). This was a bit of an experiment to see if I should be thinking about going 919 forged in 4-6i for the new set of clubs but I was striking the ball really well. Played some shots trying to hold the wind, ride the wind with a fairly decent success rate. Definitely seemed to be easier to shape than my 850 forged’s. Moved to the grass and although it did seem harder at first was soon hitting them as well as off the mat. From a bucket of 100 balls split 50 off the mat 50 of the turf I had maybe 3 or 4 duffs that still went in the right direction, were just a bit fat or thin. Distance dispersion is big with a very poorly struck shot but 46/50 (~92/100 total) I was very pleased with. Just makes me wonder if I should entertain 4-6 in the 919 tour and 7-PW in the MP-18’s..... nice thing is the lofts in each set are bang on so wouldn’t need to be adjusted........

Dannyc

Visit site
About 90 mins on the range, strong wind gusting off the left pushing the ball around. Warmed up with a TP9 7i. Soon hitting them well so moved on to a TP9 4i (5i in today’s lofts at 25*). This was a bit of an experiment to see if I should be thinking about going 919 forged in 4-6i for the new set of clubs but I was striking the ball really well. Played some shots trying to hold the wind, ride the wind with a fairly decent success rate. Definitely seemed to be easier to shape than my 850 forged’s. Moved to the grass and although it did seem harder at first was soon hitting them as well as off the mat. From a bucket of 100 balls split 50 off the mat 50 of the turf I had maybe 3 or 4 duffs that still went in the right direction, were just a bit fat or thin. Distance dispersion is big with a very poorly struck shot but 46/50 (~92/100 total) I was very pleased with. Just makes me wonder if I should entertain 4-6 in the 919 tour and 7-PW in the MP-18’s..... nice thing is the lofts in each set are bang on so wouldn’t need to be adjusted........
From what I got told at tour x the mp 18s are slightly more forgiving than the tours
Try the fli his low down mate lovely forgiving irons

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Starting the process of new irons after a decade with mine (MX 200 I think), so I’ve got a first fitting Friday to work through the various manufacturers and then hopefully narrow it down for a second fitting once decided.

Looking around in advance and wondered if there was any reason American golf and onlinegolf only have MP 18s shown on their websites. Presume not a new model coming out as weren’t they only released late last year?

D

Deleted member 16999

Starting the process of new irons after a decade with mine (MX 200 I think), so I’ve got a first fitting Friday to work through the various manufacturers and then hopefully narrow it down for a second fitting once decided.

Looking around in advance and wondered if there was any reason American golf and onlinegolf only have MP 18s shown on their websites. Presume not a new model coming out as weren’t they only released late last year?
I believe the MP18’s were released late 2017, I’ve had mine over 12 months.

Dannyc

Visit site

The new mp range will be out towards the end of the year

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ah, that’s good to know but I was more confused why they were the only mizuno iron sets shown, couldn’t see the 919s etc at all.