Mike Malaska

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Been watching his videos for the last few years and no one makes the golf swing look as simple as he does.

His whole mantra of 'hands in, club head goes out to the ball' , has always confused me until this last 2 practice sessions.

I've been doing a bit of slow motion swings while watching his videos recently and think I may be finally getting it.

Here is an interesting thread from 2015 where I was scratching around it and not really getting it.

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/showthread.php?78612-is-this-lesson-correct

Last two times out have been trying my attempt at his swing and I have to say the results are intriguing to say the least. Finding the irons easiest to swing like this. Haven't really had too much success as of yet with the driver.

Here is a couple of punch low draws without having the attempt to swing way way out to right field like I would have done in the past.

Anyone else follow this guy and tried his swing?

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Love mike Malaska. Trying to follow his advice too tho I’m not signed up to any of his online coaching programs.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers for posting about this Gary, I watched a few of the vids on you tube, specifically the one about flipping your hands, it I should a major issue with the driver for me, he mentions letting your arm hang naturally, and then taking ‘your nuetrual grip’ so what neutral for me maybe strong for others etc, tried this at the range tonight and it made a big difference, now it’s only the first try and will be a work in progress, but was pleased with the change and the difference it made tonight. Thanks.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Will post some of his best videos when i get time.

Took me a while to understand what he was saying. I was and suppose still am someone who drops the club way in behind myself and somehow has to get out of the way or stuck.

He describes things really well and says this is 'where the tour players live'. I am inclined to belive him.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I really should just include this in the epiphany thread. GOLD !

[video=youtube;--MlMXYTAZc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--MlMXYTAZc[/video]

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for posting. Not a guy i have watched on youtube but makes a lot of sense and will try a few things out at the range next time.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
:rofl: they have always been grey.

:D

Sorry, it was a silly post really. I think Malaska talks a lot of sense.

I bracket him with Monte Scheinblum who explains what is actually a traditional swing in a completely different way. I think that kind of thing is great because one feeling that works for one person might be completely wrong for someone else.