Michelle Wie - As Predicted

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just turned on Setanta and Michelle Wie is 91st on +2 after just five holes. I'm prediciting a +6 score in round one and a +4 in round 2 (unless there is some sudden injury to cause a W/D).

Why bother as discussed on the other thread. Going to watch it until about midnight and see if they show her (bound to surely) and see if she really is playing as badly as the score indicates

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
For someone who promised so much as a teenager I feel she's a bit of a letdown.

Natalie Gulbis - fit lass but a bit of an Anna Kournikova of the golf world, very rarely wins owt!

Lorena Ocha..., Ochea, Ochithanoo.... that Mexican bird! She's the best on the track by far. She's also a regular folk hero in her native Mexico too.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
A waste of space in my eyes, not even up to scratch compared to the top ladies let alone playing with men.

god knows what the reason is which secure her so many invitations and sponsorship deals as I cannot see the slightest reason why she is appealing in any way whatsoever.

I really cannot see the lure of Wie.

cm_qs

Head Pro
Visit site
the best use of wie is guitar hero.............

I disagree - the best use of Wii is Tiger Woods 08 .........except when you're trying to beat Jim Furyk in the Tiger Challenge and he keeps chipping in from 80 yards and every single one of your putts stops on the lip of the hole. GRRRRRRR!!!! :mad:

Red_Eyes

Medal Winner
Visit site
It a shame she is not being properly advised.

I like watching womens golf it has improved my technique better than watching mens.

With mens I watch the ball from tee to green. With women golf I watch the hip movement, the legs posioning the the way the chest swings. Magnificant! Learnt such a lot. ;-)

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
i feel sorry for Wie; her parents should be shot for the way they are managing her...

Sorry for her?

Her parents are quite smart and are exploiting her.
My god if I had the publicity she gets then I'd even pose in playgirl,if the money was right ;)

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's a shame, she had a fantastic start to her career with top 10's in a couple of womens majors (at a very young age) and all the hype was initially justified.

It's been a slippery slope since but if she concentrates on womens golf and realises the sponsorship she gets is because of her golf then she may make it back.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its a massive shame the way her parents have managed her, Why is she competing against men? I really cant see any benefit to it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Certainly she should play the LPGA and get some wins under her belt before even thinking about playing a mens event again. But the biggest problem is the event organisers/sponsers. If they didn't invite her she wouldn't be there making a fool of herself - if someone offered you $X thousand for a couple of rounds of golf would you take it?
She's ill-advised but until the sponsers realiseshe's not as good as they think it'll keep happeneing.

So who's going to be the first bloke to get an invite to the LPGA tour?? Poulter? He looks a bit like a girl most of the time.............................. :D :D

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
the sponsors presumably do it because they think she'll attract - what? Normally it's advertising and TV revenue that they are interested in. I don't think it's the gallery as the sponsors aren't really concerned with Joe Public and does she really attract a bigger gallery? Come to that just how much does Joe Public bring in - certainly gate prices aren't that high over here, and there are loads of ways to get even those discounted.
They are panicking in the US because without TW attendance is down around 25% but I can't see her even making a dent in that.