MGS...again.

User20204

Visit site
They aren’t benefiting him one bit.
It’s just good marketing from Titleist.
He’d be much better off playing a cheaper ball & spending the money on lessons.
FACT 👍🏻

In what respect is he not benefiting ? They've proved there is very little distance difference off the tee.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Oh we're playing games, I like games 🙄

Sorry but petty childish games on the internet are not for me.
Was a genuine question 🤷‍♂️

You say little difference in distance.
I say no noticeable difference overall for a 28 handicapper.

But if you want to throw a childish strop 😉

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The only reason a 28'er should be playing a premium ball is if they can afford it.
As they're off 28, they probably lose quite a few balls per round and their ball striking possibly isn't too good
The added benefits of using a premium will be offset by the losses and poor strikes.
The better you get, the more you will benefit from the better ball - as long as the cost isn't prohibitive
But if the cheap ball has an unbalanced core or cover then it's going to help nobody and could well be one of the reasons balls don't go where they're aimed.

User20204

Visit site
The only reason a 28'er should be playing a premium ball is if they can afford it.
As they're off 28, they probably lose quite a few balls per round and their ball striking possibly isn't too good

Interestingly I think different, I play off 4 and probably lose more balls in a month than your average 28 handicapper does in a year, in my experience, they don't hit it far enough to lose many balls, a PP of mine plays off 12 and hasn't lost a ball in two years, he's not long enough to. In regards if they can afford it, again, I'd say the opposite, they should NOT play a top ball if they couldn't afford it.

User20204

Visit site
But if the cheap ball has an unbalanced core or cover then it's going to help nobody and could well be one of the reasons balls don't go where they're aimed.

That was one of the very things MGS said in their ball test chat video.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interestingly I think different, I play off 4 and probably lose more balls in a month than your average 28 handicapper does in a year, in my experience, they don't hit it far enough to lose many balls, a PP of mine plays off 12 and hasn't lost a ball in two years, he's not long enough to. In regards if they can afford it, again, I'd say the opposite, they should NOT play a top ball if they couldn't afford it.
Well that is complete rubbish..? High handicaps lose balls by slicing them into the trees, topping them into lakes and ditches, blading through a green and into the woods. What the hell are you going on about, you only lose balls by hitting them far?? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Interestingly I think different, I play off 4 and probably lose more balls in a month than your average 28 handicapper does in a year, in my experience, they don't hit it far enough to lose many balls, a PP of mine plays off 12 and hasn't lost a ball in two years, he's not long enough to.
643799529FBCA71DF6AB5B7D49CE2F61888BA4F1

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Yeah that’s definitely a different way of thinking 🤪

I’m guessing the 12 handicapper doesn’t play much?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Are you saying that he hasn't played for two years or does he play on a course with no rough, no water and no trees?

User20204

Visit site
Plays 2/3 times a week, straightest hitter in golf, no sure what all this has to do with MGS and companies saying they produce balls when they don't as we seem to have digressed somewhat.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Plays 2/3 times a week, straightest hitter in golf, no sure what all this has to do with MGS and companies saying they produce balls when they don't as we seem to have digressed somewhat.

“Straightest hitter in golf” is quite a statement.
Is he also a “short game wizard?”