Mens wrist watches

GuyInLyon

Visit site
A Hamilton Khaki Automatic (Swiss made, despite the name) for daily use, a Seiko Quartz (a lesser watch, but looks fancier) for nights out.

RichA

Visit site
I quite like Seiko watches and they form the majority of my small collection. I have a few modern Seiko automatics and a few quartz ones. As much as I like a nice watch and appreciate the mechanics of them I don't think I could spend more than £500 on one. The one I take most care of and wear only occasionally is my granddads 1960s Roamer.
A friend is a watch nut. The watchmaker who serviced his Breitling told him that he actually prefers working on the good fakes that contain a Seiko 7s26 automatic movement as it's more accurate, reliable and serviceable than the genuine one.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i love a good watch... unfortunatley in lockdown, they have hardly left my desk.
i have a Citizen eco-drive as a weekend watch... its been in the drawer for months. I took it out and it had stopped working!! battery drained. left it on the window sill for 2 days and now it is back on... love it.

As part of being more fit, have been using an Apple Watch. bloody brilliant. Unfortunately it means, that my Tags are not going coming out of the draws any time soon

D

Deleted member 1740

I resisted for 4 days then bit the bullet, if i dont like it when it comes i'll return it providing they havent liquidated the company by then ??

It seems i wasnt too far wrong?‍♂️?

I've just read the company are now in administration.

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have a few watches, but would like more. I recently bought my first automatic and it's given the bug for more mechanic watches.

I have:
Galaxy Active 2 that replaced my old fitbit for monitoring exercise, sleep, heart etc. It doubles as my golf watch too and links well with my phone.
Citizen Eco drive - I wear this for formal occasions and it's very traditional to look at but having the solar power is fantastic. They are great value for money.
Simon Carter - A very thin and simply quartz watch. Again quite traditional in design.
A Liv automatic GX1A - at £480 this is my most expensive watch so far. It has a swiss automatic movement, sapphire crystal front and back and robust modern design.
I'm on a waitlist for a Vario Empire art deco automatic and likely to buy a diver version from Liv too when I have enough saved up.

Brads

Visit site
Amazingly I’ve had a call to collect a new Rolex.
Just not sure I’ll keep it as it’s a model I hadn’t been looking for.
Expensive birthday gift for my lad methinks.