Mens wrist watches

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I quite like Seiko watches and they form the majority of my small collection. I have a few modern Seiko automatics and a few quartz ones. As much as I like a nice watch and appreciate the mechanics of them I don't think I could spend more than £500 on one. The one I take most care of and wear only occasionally is my granddads 1960s Roamer.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I've got two decent watches....I like wearing a watch and frankly would feel naked without one.

Currently wear a Longines Hydroconquest as my everyday watch bought in Aruba back in 2016...its a fairly simple stainless steel affair with a plain white face....nothing flashy about it just a nice solid but not oversized lump on my wrist. Tucked away in my safe is a Longines Le Grandes Classique dress watch that I bought myself for my 30th birthday a long long time ago...very simple and elegant...all gold, ultra thin....unfortunately it doesn't fit me anymore and cannot be made any bigger without considerable investment!!!
Got a Longines Grande Classique for my 21st, 30 odd years ago but reckon the last time I wore it was my 40th birthday party. Just never feel the need to wear a watch nowadays.

D

Deleted member 1740

I quite like Seiko watches and they form the majority of my small collection. I have a few modern Seiko automatics and a few quartz ones. As much as I like a nice watch and appreciate the mechanics of them I don't think I could spend more than £500 on one. The one I take most care of and wear only occasionally is my granddads 1960s Roamer.

Like most things the cost of watches is all relative to what you earn/can afford.

Theres plenty of people who will scoff at someone because they’ve paid £15k for a watch, likewise there’s some who’ll do the same about a £500 watch.

D

Deleted member 1740

Got a Longines Grande Classique for my 21st, 30 odd years ago but reckon the last time I wore it was my 40th birthday party. Just never feel the need to wear a watch nowadays.

I love wearing a watch, I feel weird without wearing one.

I wear a Garmin for work/gym. I’d ruin my others in my job, they’d end up scratched to hell in no time.

Last edited by a moderator: