Mens wrist watches

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My wife wanted to spend £500 on a decent watch for my 70th birthday.
I decided on a Red Herring blue model which was exactly what i wanted cost in Debenhams sale was £12,,,,,,,,when she went to pay she found out it was further reduced to £8.
Recently payed £6.15 for a new battery.
Looks cool and it tells me the time beautifully.

YasosBib

Visit site
Hey there! Totally feel you on the Hamilton watches – they're such gems! I've got to agree, they might be a bit underrated unless you're a watch enthusiast. Three Hamiltons down the line, and still enjoying the ride – that's awesome! And hey, your comment just reminded me of a hidden gem for watch finds – ever checked out any at Pawnbrokers? Sometimes you stumble upon real treasures there. Happy watch hunting!

Last edited:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Theres a program on i player, called Hunting the Rolex Thieves.
Its worth watching especially if you are able to put a tidy sum on your wrist.

JayB

Visit site
Love a nice mechanical watch, I have a few but unfortunately I just don't get to wear them very often at the moment.

My daily watch is a Casio G-Shock.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Theres a program on i player, called Hunting the Rolex Thieves.
It’s worth watching especially if you are able to put a tidy sum on your wrist.
I won’t wear my Rolex if I have to use public transport, that’s why I bought this 1971 Seiko Lordmatic, it was cheap and I think it looks gorgeous 😀

Makes me smile just putting it on…

IMG_1147.jpeg

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I won’t wear my Rolex if I have to use public transport, that’s why I bought this 1971 Seiko Lordmatic, it was cheap and I think it looks gorgeous 😀

Makes me smile just putting it on…

View attachment 51085
I love it's bracelet.
If you wtahc that program, it's not just public transport, but restaurants and the like where they use young girls to act as spotters.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I love it's bracelet.
If you wtahc that program, it's not just public transport, but restaurants and the like where they use young girls to act as spotters.

I did watch it. And it’s scary the amount of violence that is threatened. Just not worth it. I’ve had 5 Christmas “do’s” this year in 4 in London and 1 in Chelmsford, so only wore the Rolex once!

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My dress watch is a Tag.. did not go all the way to Rolex. But I hardly use it since I wear an Apple Watch all day and need it for the steps et al. I feel I have let down my Tag.

I have some colleagues who wear an Apple/fitbit as well as a dress watch.. I find it weird

D

Deleted member 35599

A golf partner questioned my sense in wearing a mechanical watch on the course. I had thought about it before and dismissed the concerns. My friend's words seeded, and rooted and flourished. I did not want the bill to fix one of my mechanical watches if it did get damaged by playing golf. I know there are some who say it is fine to wear certain brands of mechanical watches, others who disagree. I simply did not want to risk it. So I didn't.

So I picked up a Fila branded plastic watch, a bit like an original swatch, from TKMax. When I opened the box, both hands dropped to six o'clock.

Playing Mon-Fri in the working week I do need to keep an eye on the time. Phones are banned on the course and in the club house, so I leave my phone at home 1 mile away and eventually I no longer wanted to be asking everyone else "What time is it"?

After much consideration, I bought a Pagani Design PD-1718 a "homage" to a Tudor, it would have cost about £50 from Aliexpress, but I had a lot of difficulties registering and then ordering, so in the end I paid a bit more and got it from Amazon.

I am very impressed with it, even more so knowing it was so cheap, and yet so good. I am quite astonished actually. Sapphire glass, quality steel (316L IIRC), ceramic bezel. Seiko VK64 tried and tested quartz-mech movement. If it gets wrecked by golf, it will make a nice paperweight and I'll buy another one.

A word of warning to anyone looking at Pagani watches, they are not all equals. Some models are much better than others, I think the newer models are probably the better ones, but buyer beware.

1708199173145.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
My dress watch is a Tag.. did not go all the way to Rolex. But I hardly use it since I wear an Apple Watch all day and need it for the steps et al. I feel I have let down my Tag.

I have some colleagues who wear an Apple/fitbit as well as a dress watch.. I find it weird
My dress watch is an IWC. Looks beautiful.

I bought it from a pop-up store in Lanzarote. 🤣

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
My dress watch is an IWC. Looks beautiful.

I bought it from a pop-up store in Lanzarote. 🤣
I guessed what the joke was, but I had never heard of IWC watches, so I looked it up.

IWC Schaffhausen in Switzerland, I believe.

Schaffhausen is a town. Translates to English as Sheephouses.

"Ah, I see you own a Sheephouses."

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I guessed what the joke was, but I had never heard of IWC watches, so I looked it up.

IWC Schaffhausen in Switzerland, I believe.

Schaffhausen is a town. Translates to English as Sheephouses.

"Ah, I see you own a Sheephouses."
IWC are a cracking watch brand, used to have an Ingenieur and regretted the minute I sold it 🙈

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
my battery on my Tag died.... so asked the Tag showroom .. £80.
Timpson does the same for £25 and provides lifetime guarantee for the seal.