Mens wrist watches

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Good old Tz-Uk - been a member longer than here. :) Nowadays just dip in and out to see what’s new. E.g learnt recently that Bremont has a new CEO - looks like the end of the English watchmaking dream for them.
I’m the same, dip in and out, the Bear pit is absolutely toxic 😂😂
January 2009 I joined 😳

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I still wear a planet ocean with orange bezel every day and I got it 26/06/2007 from LHR mappin and Webb for the grand sum of £1595.74 ! ( still have box and receipt)
And that is the watch I never got but wish I had. I bought the omega moon watch on a P and O cruise instead. I love the watch but it is a ball ache getting it outta the box. I kid you not it is the size of a shoe box.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Any idea of a good watch for a 12 yr old to wear at Skool.
Plus should it be normal or smart watch.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Plus shouldn’t be normal or smart watch
What do you mean by not normal?

I would suggest something cheap and cheerful. Something the parents wont get stressed about if scratched, damaged or lost. Something that wont draw excessive attention to the wearer, in a negative way, ie bullies.

I'm out of sync for that era now, my kids are well past that point, but something like a standard Swatch, although I'm not suggesting an actual Swatch, would be the thing. Neutral, clean face, does the job. Most important thing, find out what is a social disaster for 12yr olds, and avoid 😄 . Reality is, I know it is not as fun, you might need to ask them, involve them in buying it. That way, you avoid the disaster.

Tashyboy

Visit site
What do you mean by not normal?

I would suggest something cheap and cheerful. Something the parents wont get stressed about if scratched, damaged or lost. Something that wont draw excessive attention to the wearer, in a negative way, ie bullies.

I'm out of sync for that era now, my kids are well past that point, but something like a standard Swatch, although I'm not suggesting an actual Swatch, would be the thing. Neutral, clean face, does the job. Most important thing, find out what is a social disaster for 12yr olds, and avoid 😄 . Reality is, I know it is not as fun, you might need to ask them, involve them in buying it. That way, you avoid the disaster.
Flippin spell check again. Should have said “ should it” not shouldn’t.
I think I will have a Google with him for a watch.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Flippin spell check again. Should have said “ should it” not shouldn’t.
I think I will have a Google with him for a watch.
Good idea. Watches are such a personal thing and you have the added issue of peer pressure at school. I think it would be something fun to do together, choosing a watch. More Tash and grandson bonding (y)

One thing that surprised me, until explained. Apparently, few kids wear watches now. Why would they, they just check their phone?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good idea. Watches are such a personal thing and you have the added issue of peer pressure at school. I think it would be something fun to do together, choosing a watch. More Tash and grandson bonding (y)

One thing that surprised me, until explained. Apparently, few kids wear watches now. Why would they, they just check their phone?
No watches, no wallets, no TV - every thing is on the phone now. What will go next ?

D

Deleted member 29109

Plus should it be normal or smart watch.
Cheap Casio.

Get a funky colour or steel to be different.

Or splash out on a calculator watch.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Yes but Tash is ahead of the curve.
Smart phones will be banned soon in schools imo.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are you a member of any watch forums?
My main one is TZ-UK now, been collecting since 2008 myself, had 28 at my peak 😂😂
I collected a few not sold any, always liked watches but I promised my wife I would have 7 max. I never got there I had a list but I suppose I realised I had something I liked so much that I wanted to wear it always.