Mens wrist watches

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We have not had a watch thread for a bit. Always like having a good read what folk are wearing and what they have there eye on for Xmas.
Me, my main two watches are the Omega Moon watch, bought as a retirement pressie. And a Hamilton Ventura with diamond bezel. That’s classed as a unisex watch, having girlie wrists it fits just nice.
So what do you have. What’s the best value watches
£0- £500
£500-£1000
£1000-£5000
£5K plus.

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Never have and never will understand how some people get so orgasmic over a watch, especially to the point that they spend hundreds if not thousands on them.

I don't bother wearing one. The only use I would have for one is telling the time and since I always carry a phone, the watch is redundant for me.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I like watches but I don't want to own one so expensive that I would feel like a walking mugging victim in waiting. It's a psychological barrier I can't get past, well done to those who have and enjoy expensive ones.

I have 4 watches,

15 yr old Swatch watch that is scratched but keeps good time. Cost about £40. My date to day work watch when I'm in the factory
3yr old Hugo Boss dress watch. £25 off Ebay, 2nd hand, an impulse after a few drinks :oops:. I don't really wear it, face is too dark to see the hands clearly. I need to sell it.
60yr old watch, brand unknown, I can't read the face clearly enough. A wind up watch that was my dads. Cost, no idea, it was his 21st present. Worn on special occasions, nights out. Keeps perfect time, looks smart with the strap I put on it
Sternglas Naos. This one is more interesting. About £140 new. German brand, fairly new company. They make really nice, clean watches. If anyone wants a smart / casual day to day watch then check them out. I'm a fan and may buy another at some point. This is my weekend watch.

None of the above will excite afficiando's but it is nice to have a mix on a thread.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Donna bought me a Tag for my 40th birthday. (17 years ago) - it was £700 or so back then, and I wear it most days. It's a clean design, functional and I really like it, but I couldn't even tell you the model without getting the paper work out. A mate of my paid a bomb for a Rolex, I smiled and thought "why??"

The only other watch I wear is my Skycaddie GPS when I am playing golf.

I am not vey knowledgeable or engaged about watches! :)

RichA

Visit site
Funny - just having a watch clear out on eBay and recently sold a chunky G-Shock solar radio controlled, Vostok Scuba Dude automatic and Seiko Orange Monster Gen 1 automatic diver's watch.
Over £250 for some watches I haven't worn in over 5 years.
My Seiko SKX007J automatic diver's watch is still on eBay at a silly price because I want to sell it but don't really want to sell it. It's worth twice as much now used as I paid for it new 10 years ago.

My every day watch was a Christopher Ward Trident Vintage automatic, until I recently bought a Garmin Venu 2.
The Trident will be staying as my smart watch, not smartwatch.
I'll also never part with my Timex Snoopy baseball.
Not sure I could ever bring myself to spend more than £500 on a watch.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I like watches. Most days I wear a Citizen solar powered which keeps impeccable time. I have three Christopher Ward watches, a Seiko Kinematic and a Skagen. Wear them all at times but just like my little collection.

EDIT:
I also still use a Garmin S2 for golf. Although a bit chunky still works well.

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Erm, not sure how many watches I have. Most are just knock about watches but there’s a few that get a bit more ‘air time.’

3x cheap lucky-lucky man watches.
A Tissot that Mrs Hobbit bought me as a 25th wedding anniversary present.
A Skagan, which gets lots of wear. Smart enough for any occasion but cheap enough not to worry about.
A ‘Spitfire’ watch, bought from the souvenir shop at Duxford.
A Seiko perpetual movement thing that was my dad’s.
A Seiko HID bought me several years back.
A Casio, or two.
A cheapo he had as his every day watch.
A gold watch that was given to my g’dad when he retired in the late 60’s.
A Garmin for golf.

Don’t think that’s all of them but just about there.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never have and never will understand how some people get so orgasmic over a watch, especially to the point that they spend hundreds if not thousands on them.

I don't bother wearing one. The only use I would have for one is telling the time and since I always carry a phone, the watch is redundant for me.
Agreed! I haven't worn one for a good four years now. Realised I didn't actually like them but family members would often buy me one that I then felt I had to wear. :LOL: I actually don't like wearing any jewellery at all to be honest. And phone tells me the time as you say - I don't even need to adjust it for daylight savings etc.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I've got a Tag Professional that I last wore on my last day in the office at the start of the first lock down.

i can appreciate a nice watch but can't justify the prices some of my mates pay for them - £10K plus

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
We've reached the point in the mobile phone era where the watch is more jewelry than timepiece.

Still, some of them are truly beautiful and you only live once.
If you can afford uber-expensive watches and enjoy wearing them, go for it.
A measure of conspicuous consumption never hurt anybody.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I've got two decent watches....I like wearing a watch and frankly would feel naked without one.

Currently wear a Longines Hydroconquest as my everyday watch bought in Aruba back in 2016...its a fairly simple stainless steel affair with a plain white face....nothing flashy about it just a nice solid but not oversized lump on my wrist. Tucked away in my safe is a Longines Le Grandes Classique dress watch that I bought myself for my 30th birthday a long long time ago...very simple and elegant...all gold, ultra thin....unfortunately it doesn't fit me anymore and cannot be made any bigger without considerable investment!!!

D

Deleted member 23270

The number of watches I have is a VERY round number........

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a Tag Aquaracer automatic calibre 5.
It’s really nice 60th prezzie.
The only thing is it’s quite heavy .

Hugo Boss dress watch ( wafer thin ) really nice watch