Men/Women Dual Events

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There are some female pros who hit the ball further than some male pros.

Let them all play off the same tees.

It is not like we let the senior players play from forward tees on regular PGA or Majors.

I would welcome a few tournaments to trial this. Be good to get strokes gained stats on all competitors too.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd like to see WGC style events where the top 30 from both tours compete for one prize fund, not have two separate comps running side by side. And not off different tees. That just builds in a type of handicapping.

It just wouldn’t be viable to play a combined comp off same tees. Separate men’s/women’s comps played concurrently with alternating groups seems more realistic.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It just wouldn’t be viable to play a combined comp off same tees. Separate men’s/women’s comps played concurrently with alternating groups seems more realistic.

But where's the equality in that? If its a Wimbledon/Tennis thing with 2 separate comps running concurrently the field for both sexes will be cut by half.

It doesn't have to be done on a 7000yd+ course, and certainly what I saw at the woman's British Open at Kingsbarns the woman wouldn't need the course to be cut by too many yards.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Not sure this would ever take off as it would effect the prize fund and both would have different sponsors and then like tennis the women would then be asking for the same prize fund in years to come and that's not going to happen. To much trouble and effort needed to try doing something like this. Maybe a mixed team event but I can't see that attracting any big name players as you only need to look at the Seve trophy