Membership fees

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
Hello,

My children are members of 3 different golf courses and each time we have to pay a joining fee to the LGU etc. Is this correct that they have to pay it 3 times or should it just be one joining fee ?

thanks

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure as not got wee ones that play, they'e to young and far away.

But i'd have thought once you've paid affiliation fees to any golf union thats it done. 1 fee per person, one of the clubs should be classed as the home club and that being the one they pay their LGU fee for and the other 2 classed as away clubs and no need for LGU fee.

I maybe way off with that comment, but thats how it'd play out in my mind.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure as not got wee ones that play, they'e to young and far away.

But i'd have thought once you've paid affiliation fees to any golf union thats it done. 1 fee per person, one of the clubs should be classed as the home club and that being the one they pay their LGU fee for and the other 2 classed as away clubs and no need for LGU fee.

I maybe way off with that comment, but thats how it'd play out in my mind.

I believe you are way off. As far as I am aware, the club has to pay an affiliation fee for every member irrespective of any member being a member of more than one club. The demand to the club from the County Union for affiliation fees is based solely on the number of members in the various categories.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
I believe you are way off. As far as I am aware, the club has to pay an affiliation fee for every member irrespective of any member being a member of more than one club. The demand to the club from the County Union for affiliation fees is based solely on the number of members in the various categories.

See I knew i'd be wrong. Always happens bloody good job i'm not the one with the query, having said that what you say Rosecott does make perfectly good sense.

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
thanks for the replies. I can understand the County Union fee but i have 2 daughters and they pay 3 times to the LGU, is that the same situation ?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
thanks for the replies. I can understand the County Union fee but i have 2 daughters and they pay 3 times to the LGU, is that the same situation ?

Same situation. Although GolfEngland is the end-product of the amalgamation, the fees for ladies (comprising LGU/EWGA/GE fees) are still collected separately from the mens fees but fee harmonisation is due in 2014. How old are your daughters? GolfEngland state that the LGU element of fees is not payable by under-18s.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
My daughters are 16 and 12. I dont mind paying it, but just thought i would ask

This year's subs to GolfEngland (via EWGA) are £8.90 for Juniors, (no LGU element), £11.40 for adults (includes LGU) plus whatever your County charges - Bucks for example charges £5.50 for adults and juniors.

T

thecraw

More to the point I'll ask you what do the County Golf Union do for me? As far as I'm concerned I give Renfrewshire Golf Union money to fund jolly's for the elite players and that's it! I grudge giving the Renfrewshire Golf Union money as they do nothing in return for me.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
More to the point I'll ask you what do the County Golf Union do for me? As far as I'm concerned I give Renfrewshire Golf Union money to fund jolly's for the elite players and that's it! I grudge giving the Renfrewshire Golf Union money as they do nothing in return for me.

Simple - become elite.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I believe that you only need to pay one fee if the clubs are in the same county. The fee is paid to your main club that gives your handicap.