Members playing in Kent.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am also keen on playing the London club, will find out how long it takes on route finder and confirm yay or nay when I get into work.

rob2

Head Pro
Visit site
London club sounds good. Was at the European open last year, would be a class day.

Happy to play anywhere though if the London doesent come off.

Rob2.

welshjim22

Head Pro
Visit site
I have emailed the London club for more info. Not sure if we need handicap certs or if we need to pay in advance. If we do i have asked if i could ring and book whilst paying for myself and then the rest ring and pay individually. As we don't know each other except on this forum i thought it a bit much to pay over £200 on someones credit card for all of us.

Rob2, Leftie and HTL if you PM me your email i will pass on their reply.

welshjim22

Head Pro
Visit site
Welshjim
Austin Lodge looks good value for money, and the player reports on it (from the GolfUK website) read quite well. It sounds quite an interesting course, albeit a bit hilly (according to a couple of the reviews)....

http://www.uk-golfguide.com/england/26905_reports.html

I think MedwayJon was planning to join West Malling, but didn't report that favourably on it.
Reviews here...

http://www.uk-golfguide.com/england/34015_reports.html

I've played the London Club, and if you don't mind paying a bit extra then it is a really good day out.

Hope that helps in your decision?

Shame I can't make it on the day 'cos I've never played at Austin Lodge and wouldn't mind giving it a tonk. Maybe another day?

Quite fancy Austin Lodge myself mate. Up for a game there if you fancy at a later date. It is run by Pentland golf who have a similar course at Etchinghill near Folkestone. Played there this month and apart from being hilly it was very good.

welshjim22

Head Pro
Visit site
Leftie, Rob2, HTL

I have just called the London golf club. We don't need to prepay if we only book a round, £55, with no extras and there is no need to have a handicap cert. Only prepay if we book £65 winter special but i probably won't have time to stay after the round for more than a beer, so would prefer the £55 basic option. Prices go back up after March to £65 in April and thne £95 till November.

If you guys are still interested or would rather play elsewhere let me know. If all happy to continue i will book a tee time on Monday or Thursday for the 17th about 11.00

welshjim22

Head Pro
Visit site
Unfortunately the girl on the phone gave me false info yesterday. As you all confirmed so quickly I have just rung to book and they do in fact take prepayment. However, they are happy for us to ring and pay seperately, i have therefore started the ball rolling with a tee time of 11.00. I have sent you each a PM with the booking details just ring them up when your ready, and then let us know.

Range balls are complimentary so i intend to turn up about 10.00 10.15 get in some practice.

Thanks
James

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Due to the effing crap weather we are having at the moment and speaking to both the pro and secretary at Westerham, I have pulled the plug on Thursdays meeting I'm sorry to say.
It's going to be like a bloody quagmire over there and despite it only costing £40.00 for the day, I for one don't want to spend the time slopping and sliding all over the place. Caroline has kindly offered to carry the deal over for us and has pencilled in Thursday 19th March. Hope everybody is OK for that?
If anybody else would like to join us on this new date, please let me know
Poxy weather :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Rob

welshjim22

Head Pro
Visit site
Hopefully the London club meet on Tuesday 17th is still ok. Apparently the course drains well and remains open long after other clubs would shutup shop. They apparently never use temps. So hopefully we will be ok. Although 10 day foreacsts show possible rain and snow. Chance of Precip.
60 %

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jim

Noticed your handicap change.....

Handicap 28
(recently adjusted since moving from small 9 hole to full size 18 hole)

Was it 14 before :D :D

welshjim22

Head Pro
Visit site
No it was 19 around a nine hole with no par 5's all par 4's are 260-300 yards with one exception which is the first hole with a 90 degree dogleg left with high trees stopping any chance of cutting the corner. It was a par 64 and i use to average mid 80's. On the larger courses my lowest score is 97.