Medal play - Joke!

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
How come someone who has parred 17 holes then blows up big time on just one hole loses to someone else who has bogied all 18? It's a joke!!

(for Cabby, BTW :))

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
How come someone who has parred 17 holes then blows up big time on just one hole loses to someone else who has bogied all 18? It's a joke!!

(for Cabby, BTW :))

Does seem very unfair that someone who is handicapped on their performance over 17 holes should then have to compete and include their score on the 18th as well.

Grossly unfair even.

D

Deleted member 16999

Does seem very unfair that someone who is handicapped on their performance over 17 holes should then have to compete and include their score on the 18th as well.

Grossly unfair even.
Even worse is the fact I can NR in a medal and get cut but not win the Comp, if it is converted to Stableford points I’d win easy ;)

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Medal play is not for everyone that's for sure.

Just imagine all the guys who come on here and say they had 30 points with a few blobs when in essence that could add up to a 100 blows, oh how would they hate it and avoid gloating how their round really was. Blob has a lot to answer for.

D

Deleted member 18588

Medal play is not for everyone that's for sure.

Just imagine all the guys who come on here and say they had 30 points with a few blobs when in essence that could add up to a 100 blows, oh how would they hate it and avoid gloating how their round really was. Blob has a lot to answer for.

Absolutely spot on!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

It's a different form of the same thing. Everyone understands that 30 points with a few blobs means that the player didn't play well, score well or was anywhere near a handicap cut.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's a different form of the same thing. Everyone understands that 30 points with a few blobs means that the player didn't play well, score well or was anywhere near a handicap cut.

Or maybe that's what they didn't want, a hc cut. A few blobs to hide how well they played.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As have I!

A 13 up the last (Par 5 SI 10), but Stableford Adjustment meant he still got cut - and held the group behind wasn't very happy either, because it was a Stableford comp!

Ha!

I know someone who NEVER get small cuts or even buffers. If he's going exceptionally well in a qualifier then he'll play the round out to win. If he's going well but unlikely to win, then guess what - it's ALWAYS 0.1 back

It's pretty desperate IMO

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ha!

I know someone who NEVER get small cuts or even buffers. If he's going exceptionally well in a qualifier then he'll play the round out to win. If he's going well but unlikely to win, then guess what - it's ALWAYS 0.1 back

It's pretty desperate IMO

It's also cheating IMO