Masters 2023

D

Deleted member 18121

What I’m not sure of is did Koepka go first or Woodland ?

Did Woodlands caddy ask ? - was it advice for Woodland next shot or was it more a general conversation between the two caddies

Good question... What if they'd both already played their shots and the caddies we're just comparing what they'd both hit.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
There are 7 or 8 clubs where the selection would be obvious to a blind man. As for the iron selection, may I be so bold as to suggest that there is never an occasion when a golfer on tour doesn't know which club his playing partner has just used, or is going to use.
If he knows what the other player has hit ...why does the other player need to tell him or his caddy...?
If what the caddies on twitter are saying is true - that this happens all the time....and they're freely admitting it..then I'm lost for words...
If they've already hit their shots they can compare notes until the vows come home..
That's not the case here...

D

Deleted member 15344

Good question... What if they'd both already played their shots and the caddies we're just comparing what they'd both hit.

Excatly - what’s the context behind it all , everyone is judging by that single video

It was the same with the Morikawa marking yesterday - he was found guilty based on what people saw as opposed to what actually happened

So in this situation what were the two caddies actually discussing- was it a comparison maybe

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Most of us can generally have a decent stab at saying what a playing partner has just hit on a par 3 and I’d guess we’re rarely more than a club out. So it should be a piece of cake for the pros and their caddies to get it bang on 99.9% of the time, surely.
Radar Reilly always knows what a player is going to hit. When radar says "Rory is hitting 8 iron here" it isn't a guess, he knows because the caddy has just signalled it to him.

Now unless Radar has a secret code between himself and the caddies that makes the information freely available to all.

Interestingly I am loathed to give that information to playing partners. I don't want to fall foul of the rules, but mainly I don't want to give them any kind of advantage. If this lot are freely passing this information between themselves then they can't be thinking that doing so gives anyone an advantage.

If that is true then perhaps the rule should be reviewed and removed.

D

Deleted member 15344

Koepka certainly comes across awkwardly

Saw a comment that he said if he felt fully fit the move to LIV would have been a bit more difficult- suspect that he thought that his knee and wrist meant he wouldn’t challenge again

Wonder what he is thinking now

Dougherty desperately trying to create the LIV Vs PGAT story and good on Davis shutting him down

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Koepka certainly comes across awkwardly

Saw a comment that he said if he felt fully fit the move to LIV would have been a bit more difficult- suspect that he thought that his knee and wrist meant he wouldn’t challenge again

Wonder what he is thinking now

Dougherty desperately trying to create the LIV Vs PGAT story and good on Davis shutting him down
Sky love a bit of Tabloid.

D

Deleted member 15344

Absolutely. And maybe a golfer is guilty of doing something dodgy, even if they say not. This idea of whiter than white whatever is laughable.

Maybe a golfer is guilty - providing it’s been proven and if there is no proof then surely it’s best to take the player at his word when it’s a game that’s built on integrity.

How many examples of cheating have there actually been within the professional game and I don’t mean the occasional rule break in regards signing wrong scores etc

Captain_Black.

Visit site
Just checked the Augusta weather for tomorrow.
It looks horrendous
Heavy rain all day / only 10 - 12°C / 25 mph winds
It gets worse as the day goes on

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Maybe a golfer is guilty - providing it’s been proven and if there is no proof then surely it’s best to take the player at his word when it’s a game that’s built on integrity.

How many examples of cheating have there actually been within the professional game and I don’t mean the occasional rule break in regards signing wrong scores etc
Your caddies are openly admitting that things like the Brooks incident happen every single day of a Tour event...

D

Deleted member 15344

Your caddies are openly admitting that things like the Brooks incident happen every single day of a Tour event...

What exactly are they openly admitting too on social media ? The fact the caddies talk to each about what clubs players use on certain holes or shots ? Is that not just general chat

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Excatly - what’s the context behind it all , everyone is judging by that single video

It was the same with the Morikawa marking yesterday - he was found guilty based on what people saw as opposed to what actually happened

So in this situation what were the two caddies actually discussing- was it a comparison maybe

Woodlands ball is the one 20 yards in front at the start of the video. He hadn’t hit his approach yet

D

Deleted member 15344

Woodlands ball is the one 20 yards in front at the start of the video. He hadn’t hit his approach yet

Blimey didn’t realise he hit that much further than Koepka - so is it giving advice when the player is that far ahead of him.