Masters 2023

evemccc

Visit site
Happens a lot in cricket - they have it during every T20 match including the final

If Rory thought that it might have a negative effect he wouldn’t have touched it - but it’s clearly something that he was comfortable doing and it might help him

A ‘hit and giggle’ T20 match ain’t the Ashes thou..

#exhibitiongolf 😂

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hope my picks haven't peaked too soon. Have backed Hovland and Fitzpatrick - although the latter is more due to national loyalty rather than anything else. Today could be interesting ...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Interesting indeed..especially as Sheffler carded a 69 putting, as someone on Twitter said, like a blind ferret......
Looks like this one really will start on the back 9 on Sunday/Monday...

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Backed Rahm at 10/1, Young e/w at 28/1 and Homa e/w 30/1.

Rahm bet came with an offer of a free bet for every birdie he got in his first round, so that gives me some fun bets to play with.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Agree completely, there is tournament’s where it’s fine and great for the fans, but not in Majors in my opinion, they should be 100% focused on the job in hand.

I remember listening or watching to an interview with a multiple world champion cyclist who said that you have to be able to switch off, you can't switch on if you haven't switched off.

Those words always stuck with me and I find it particularly pertinent to golf as being so in the zone for 5hours plus is an almost impossible ask for anyone, it would be mentally exhausting and almost certainly lead to mistakes or at least dwelling on them.

I found the on course interview to be great addition to the, at times, shocking coverage.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I remember listening or watching to an interview with a multiple world champion cyclist who said that you have to be able to switch off, you can't switch on if you haven't switched off.

Those words always stuck with me and I find it particularly pertinent to golf as being so in the zone for 5hours plus is an almost impossible ask for anyone, it would be mentally exhausting and almost certainly lead to mistakes or at least dwelling on them.

I found the on course interview to be great addition to the, at times, shocking coverage.

It’s all about opinions I suppose, I enjoyed listening to it but I’m not sure if it was right for Rory to do it at a Major, If he goes onto win it then obviously no problem but if he misses the cut then maybe questions will be asked?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
It’s all about opinions I suppose, I enjoyed listening to it but I’m not sure if it was right for Rory to do it at a Major, If he goes onto win it then obviously no problem but if he misses the cut then maybe questions will be asked?

I agree, Brian. To put it into some sort of perspective, Iain Carter said on BBC Sport last night that McIlroy is renowned amongst journalists for ALWAYS refusing on-course interviews. He, too, expressed real surprise, not only that Rory had at last agreed to be interviewed during a round but more so that it was during the first round of the one Major he is so desperate to win.

I always considered Carter to be a decent journalist who knows his stuff. But by expressing that opinion he will have lowered himself in the eyes of some here to an amateur psychologist who fills his pants on the first tee during his club’s monthly stableford.

🙄

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I agree, Brian. To put it into some sort of perspective, Iain Carter said on BBC Sport last night that McIlroy is renowned amongst journalists for ALWAYS refusing on-course interviews. He, too, expressed real surprise, not only that Rory had at last agreed to be interviewed during a round but more so that it was during the first round of the one Major he is so desperate to win.

I always considered Carter to be a decent journalist who knows his stuff. But by expressing that opinion he will have lowered himself in the eyes of some here to an amateur psychologist who fills his pants on the first tee during his club’s monthly stableford.

🙄
So Rory, being mic’ed up for one hole during round one will be the reason he misses the cut? If he does?

And by mic’ed up, he puts and AirPod in one ear and talks while he walks between shots. It’s hardly disturbing his entire round.

Maybe Rory just doesn’t want to talk to the person doing the on course interview, which is usually a pretty boring conversation from what I’ve seen of it.

D

Deleted member 15344

If McIlroy misses the cut it will have sweet FA to do with having a 2 min chat whilst walking. It will be because he pulled about 5 drives left , duffed 3 chips

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Should Rors be dq for discussing his game, or shot, and talking it through with someone other than his caddy ? If its helping him relax as some have mentioned, is he not skirting the legality of the rules.

D

Deleted member 15344

Should Rors be dq for discussing his game, or shot, and talking it through with someone other than his caddy ? If its helping him relax as some have mentioned, is he not skirting the legality of the rules.
Under what rule should he be DQ