Mark Crossfield lesson update[if interested]

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
James,

Does Tony's RH grip remind you of anyone?

I think we got the club a little more in the fingers of your left hand so you could hinge the club a bit better, as a result it helped your right hand position a little, I don't know what it's like now though? but your h/cap has dropped considerably and as a relative 'newbie' to the game you were able to take changes on board. Hope your game is still going well mate :thup:

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think we got the club a little more in the fingers of your left hand so you could hinge the club a bit better, as a result it helped your right hand position a little, I don't know what it's like now though? but your h/cap has dropped considerably and as a relative 'newbie' to the game you were able to take changes on board. Hope your game is still going well mate :thup:

Remember my first few shots at the range :rofl: I was struggling off 24!

I like Crossfield- he's all about impact. Take note James. :p

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Also....

There is a swing at approx 18min 30secs that is referred to as "so this is a pressure shot"

Here's the TOP of your backswing position for that shot.....

f5YlGKl.gif

:mad:

I mentioned my short backswing to Mark but altogether it was a little longer than this.
However in the past I have tried to go longer many times but problems surface every time.
To be honest the distance and control I get with a short swing is good enough.
I know you and others have told me to have a weaker right hand and my dad has mentioned
it from the start so hopefully now I can adapt.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting watch, did you take away a plan and things to work on going forward?

No but with the changes I should be able to hit higher shots into the green.
Depending on affordability I will go back with the changes and work on what is needed.
Interestingly I went to look at my driver but ended up doing irons,so I suppose having an open
mind helps.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just watched it. Very interesting and he makes some good points. Great to see you nailing the 6 irons at the end with something approaching a 6 iron loft. Once you get that working will you look at getting longer (5 iron) clubs in the bag to give you more options on longer courses or in the winter?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was having a wee YouTube night to myself and came across your Crossfield lesson by chance, Tony. I'm a big fan of his and subscribe to his channels. Love the course reviews particularly.

Your video was interesting stuff and got for me thinking a lot about my own swing. Would love my own pro to have the same kind of data for my swing. Brilliant facility to have the launch, swing path and clubhead data. It does kinda simplify the process. Good stuff. Hope it helped.

Oh, hello again, by the way. Been away from the forum for a while. Will have to drop in again more often.

Yes drop in mate good to hear from you.
It was an eye opener with all the gadgets he has it makes explaining it much simpler.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just watched it. Very interesting and he makes some good points. Great to see you nailing the 6 irons at the end with something approaching a 6 iron loft. Once you get that working will you look at getting longer (5 iron) clubs in the bag to give you more options on longer courses or in the winter?

Yes the 6 and 5 are already back in and ready to be worked on.

D

Deleted member 15344

Good work mate :thup:

Did you speak about leaving putts short ;)

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good news. What about the top end. Are you happy with that? With your short game if you start nailing the irons with right loft and club on the right path I can see 5 at least in 2015

Mark was very happy with the driver and im happy with my 3 wood.
I have got a 3 and 5 rescue which I would hate to lose so it is going to be difficult
to grab the 5 iron as apposed to the 5 rescue.
I suppose it will come down to the shot required.
You are right though the whole bag is going to need looking at.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great lesson Tony.....made a lot of sense and so glad you bid on this and won it..........are we playing for a tenner again next time out......I haven't spent it yet.....:whistle:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Before etching this video I got the impression mark might try and get you to dump a little lag coming into the ball. Not getting your hands so far ahead.

He did this with coach locky for his driver. You don't need that as you hit 5up. The feeling though was to try and cast the club. Note the word try. It might feel like you are dumping all the angle out but you won't.

Been trying this with my own swing and found I can now hit higher than my normal flight when required.

Basically presenting mort to the ball at impact.

Enjoyed the lesson, looks like you did too. :thup:

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
An interesting watch for sure. 5* up... damn I would love that! Strange that you are so extreme as a striker, WAY up on your driver but presenting so little loft with irons. For sure he moved the lesson in the right direction with going to the irons, I guess it will benefit you going forward.

As it was your lesson it was cool to watch but I think I would want to show him my 6 iron really close up! My interest is Crossfield has passed! Ego gone mad!